1936 Studebaker Dictator Coupe clock

Hello, any ideas on the wiring for the clock that I acquired? It has two connections behind the cover on the back ( one says negative and one says battery) B91B7E8A-2A3B-4080-AE64-B6422F9AB007.jpeg.10e6a48388cb1254fc978f7a60249303.jpegimage.jpg.2b2b685a05fc9e91cad21f46cd3b3ec4.jpgand a place for a light bulb. Should be pretty straight forward but I am just checking to see if anyone has prior knowledge. I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks 

Dennis

Dennis ...I have a 37 Dictator with a clock and i believe I have a spare wiring harness for it . It has 2 connections for the clock and a third wire for a light . the light was on a gravity switch so the light would come on when the glove box door was opened. It could be wired to a socket so the light comes on with the instrument lights. 

Let me know if your interested.   

Regards Frank 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:06 PM, 1953 GMC Hydra-Matic said:

Hello, any ideas on the wiring for the clock that I acquired? It has two connections behind the cover on the back ( one says negative and one says battery) image.jpg.2b2b685a05fc9e91cad21f46cd3b3ec4.jpgand a place for a light bulb. Should be pretty straight forward but I am just checking to see if anyone has prior knowledge. I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks 

Dennis

Did you set the hands at 1:05 on purpose to imitate the 1936 Studebaker brochure??

36_Dictator_Clock.jpg

Dennis 

Im looking for the harness I know I have it ....I have checked fore the 36 wiring diagram and it doesnt show it so I have include the 37 Dictator wiring diagram that shows the clock in the circuit. Im pretty sure the would have been the same. I will get back to with regard to the price when I have the harness in hand 

Regards Frank

P1030622.JPG

3 hours ago, 1953 GMC Hydra-Matic said:

Thank you very much!! I appreciate the diagram as it answers a lot of my questions.
Happy Holidays !

Dennis

I'm not sure if you are still using your original cardboard glovebox liner (I presume it is heavy cardboard, which might still have the color label of the car on the underside); if so, there should be a perforated round knock-out maybe an inch in diameter near one of the hinges or in the front center to accommodate the wiring harness for the clock/light assembly.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Den 

I tried to send an email to you but it was blocked by the forum. I found the clock wire harness ...It matches the wire diagram I sent to you ( wire colour ) It is NOS and will fit your car . I have not been able to locate an original Light Bulb socket but will continue to look ...the parts to rewire the socket are included.

Let me get back to you I have other boxes of original part to check ...I did a frame up restoration on my care 40 years ago and have not needed any parts in a while. 

Regards Frank  

P1030624.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

• Like 3