Rabbit diesels anyone?

Porsche 68

• 2 years later...

Sorry, I don't own a Rabbit, Rabbits are considered a pest here in Australia BUT I have just finished giving our VW Jetta Diesel a wash and rub down with a chamois (leather) It is a 2006, Two Litre that we have owned from New.

It always starts "on the button' or more correctly with the twist of a key. Officially it is my wife's car. "My" car is a 1997 Peugeot 405 Sri.  We bought it as a "Dealer, Executive" driven car when it was just under 12 months old. It has now covered 257,000 Miles. It is spoilt in that it alway's runs on "Premium" petrol. Being a "second" car it mainly only goes "out" once a week, to take me to my weekly game of Petanque. An approx 20 kms round trip. So it is not going to "wear-out" any time soon.  My "other" car is my 1934 Lagonda Rapier. I have lost track of when we first bought it, as a Restoration project, a  long time ago. I am 87 years old so my memory re the exact date is not good. I do know that we have driven over 100,000 miles in it including a couple of visits to the UK & France (from Australia) The car going by sea. It is currently having some panel beating done on one rear mudguard. My own fault, reversing it into the rear of the Jetta. fortunately without damaging the Jetta but folding the Rapier's (aluminium) rear mudguard. Otherwise the cars paint and trim are in excellent condition. This includes the leather covered (2) seats.

The Rapier is painted "Old English Ivory" with Dark Green wheels. the interior trim is a matching Dark Green. It has a black Tonneau-Cover. The Hood (Folding roof) is a dark grey (Salt & pepper) with a black fleck. The Hood very seldom leaves it's storage envelope. This lives in a space behind the seats.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...