Lube/grease fitting ID?

Bill:  My 1929-40 Parts Catalog shows the fittings as Alemite brand, Studebaker part 188591, also listed in 1934-46 book.  They would have taken a push-on type gun.  If you can unscrew one of them, it may have straight or tapered threads, but probably 1/8" pipe thread.  You can replace it with a modern Zerk/Alemite fitting or just swap them for greasing if you want to maintain the old-style look.  Restorationstuff.com has replacement fittings and grease gun adapters.  Their part number for the fitting is LUB089, $2.50 each, has 1/8" tapered pipe thread.  Their grease gun adapter for Zerks is LUB093, $10.  

I see the same fittings in the Snyder's Model T and A catalog as A-353031 at $1.25 each.  and the grease gun adapter at $4.50, A-353032.

Thanks to those who responded! My original plan was to tap the holes and thread for zerk fittings. But, at the last moment I was detered by the thought of altering original parts. 

The protruding pintel does not have locking pins extentding from the sides, so any lubing will involve hand-forcing and holding the selected "gun" tight against the sides and end of the pintel. 

I might try to make a special rubber tipped grease gun end for this job, or I may just grab a 1/8" pipe tap...........

Bill.

No, neither the fitting base nor the receiving dogbone hole is threaded. The fitting is just a "push-in," with a snug compression fit and can be removed or repositioned easily by grabbing the fitting with pliers and twisting it back and forth.

The benefit of this design is that the nipple can be rotated to allow the greasing/oiling gun to avoid interference with nearby parts, without then having a loose thread.