Carburetor - Carter WD0 440S help

M. Derr

Help! I sent my carb out for service and they returned it without a fitting. It wasn't until later that I discovered it and I'm having a terrible time finding a replacement. The carb service center isn't doing anything for me. I've got the part I'm looking for circled in red. It's for a 1940 Buick Special and it's the last part I need before I can fire up and hit the road. If anybody is able to help out in identifying size and thread class it would be much appreciated!

Tubing OD appears to be 5/16

image.png.2578e463a9afd2f82a278fb207fdc107.png

JFranklin in correct. This is a standard brass fitting, with the inlet accepting the flared gas line. Most any auto parts store should have what you need. Just be careful sizing the tread diameter and count for the tapped hole in the carb inlet. Go easy, as you turn it in, to make sure you have the proper thread pitch on the brass fitting. Take your carb to the parts store to match things up. John

• Like 2

100% it's a reverse flair coupling. The fuel line leading into the carb has a flair and a nut on it. The trouble I've been having is that the nut from the tube end is 5/16, which appears to be of an uncommon size. Legit have tried, O'reilly, Autozone, Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes and multiple Ace Hardwares. Oddly, Ace seems to be able to get the closest, but the darn issue is 5/16 female reverse flare thread.

I've got a part coming I ordered online later today, I'll update with status when it shows.

8 hours ago, M. Derr said:

100% it's a reverse flair coupling. The fuel line leading into the carb has a flair and a nut on it.

Reverse flare? Whats that?

Is it like this?

img_0819_30cf786fc12a52170c087ce2dbdcb7a

Or, is it like this?

iihhEu8.jpg

Look closely. Solid answers await but we need to what fitting on the car looks like that you are trying to connect to.

• Like 1