1941 Buick Super Coupe on ebay -- not mine

This car looks like it has a lot going for it, but as it is offered by a dealer, the reserve may be unrealistic.  (The seller's website lists the car for $24,900, so that gives you an idea.)  It looks mostly original, with the dash and gauges in particularly good shape.  It has a black painted engine, which suggests that it's a dealer replacement.  Judging from the video, it runs nice.  I think it would be a fun driver to use as is and slowly improve, assuming you could get it for a reasonable price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324938618309?hash=item4ba7d9d5c5:g:ZmcAAOSwe59ht68g

1941-buick-super-business-coupe.jpg.9e6c0cbb38a57a0a854faecadabc10a0.jpg

• Like 2

Very sharp looking car. I had to look this one up as I have never seen a 56 Business Coupe. Sure enough this is a low production car as only 2,449 were built, compared to 19,603 of the 5 passenger 56s. Probably owing to a business man was hesitant to upgrade from the Special to the Super for work. Neil you are absolutely correct, that dash sure does look nice, including the radio buttons. Rear sliding windows, but who would ever use them. I like it, a unique car. 

Pretty remarkable car.  The undercarriage looks clean.  The tins on the right and left side of the motor are usually missing by now.  However they are clean and appear to be in decent shape.  Neil has got a point, the dash looks good.  The woodgrain finish is worn but is still there. The machined look on the gauge panel is in good shape, not painted and I don't see any chips in it either.

For as clean as this car appears I don't think that dealer take anything less than they originally listed it for....

Edited by deac (see edit history)

On 12/18/2021 at 5:04 PM, neil morse said:

This car looks like it has a lot going for it, but as it is offered by a dealer, the reserve may be unrealistic. 

I wouldn't be surprised.  This same dealer had a

1976 Buick Electra 4-door hardtop, with very low mileage,

and an asking price of $35,000!  Such an Electra

on a good day might have been worth $14,000.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess when a dealer has lots of storage space, a car can languish there for years with an unrealistic price.  It's not costing them anything to hold onto it, so they just wait for the "right" buyer to come along who will pay the inflated asking price.