For Sale: 1955 Lincoln Capri Hardtop Coupe - "Very solid and two-tone, runs excellent" - Chicago, IL - Not Mine - 3/26 Increased - 2/10 & 1/19 Reduced

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Lincoln Capri 2-door Hardtop Coupe in Chicago, IL  -  $14,000  -  Call: 217 620 83 four four

On 1/19, Seller reduced price to $13,000

On 2/10, Seller reduced price to $12,000

On 3/26, Seller increased price to $14,000 and relisted

Link to 3/26 relist: https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/stillman-valley-1955-lincoln-capri/7463025687.html

Seller's Description:

1955 Lincoln Capri 2-door Hardtop Coupe

• Very good condition
  • Driven 64,328 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green

1955 lincoln capri original motor and drivetrane very solid car 341 engine 64000 original miles runs excellent new wires plugs original carb choke works as it should idle smooth fresh oil change no ticks or knocks no leaks transmission shifts as it should it has power steering and brakes power windows and power seat it all works body is all original metal no rust doors open and shut as they should all windows are clear no cracks dash is like new interior is very nice this is the original color of the car its a 2 tone the top is a lighter green and the bottom is dark green I will decode the door tag below all tags are on the car I have clear title in my name the paint is old on the car but still presentable nice chrome on the car heater works no leaks good wide white wall tires the trunk has surface rust only no holes the underside of the car is very solid see video and pics I do have the trim that goes around the back window and rocker trim and some other parts that go with the car this a good car to cruise starts every time dependable lots of room

• clear title in my name
  • please call 217*620*8344

I WILL TRADE FOR CLASSIC CARS IF TRADE IS HIGHLY IN MY FAVOR

image.png.f22cf8c8f61c89835215b896659ee82c.png

image.png.2dec11bfb5060a002ac9e8d6c8193ee9.png

image.png.9a6b8028b31ce59801bcd7819f2e057d.png

image.png.16f0c9d99f0fdf939b2d5bd68c238362.png

image.png.c1d87102c4a241331a2a17d88db3591c.png

image.png.e466f4e775316f6fc6f2ed99f244fbeb.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Dark green is my favorite color, so this checks a big box!  If I lived closer, I would have already gone in person to check it out...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

Probably the longest run-on sentence ever... 

True!  And really just a mish-mash of sentences

and phrases, put together with no punctuation.

In English class, he was probably doodling cars!

But even worse was his offer, "I will trade for classic

cars if trade is highly in my favor."  Shouldn't he be

thinking unselfishly of the other person too--likely a

fellow car fan--so that both could benefit from the

transaction?

• Like 2

On 12/19, Seller placed a Buy-It-Now listing on Ebay for $15,000 OBO  -  Ebay Seller:  wilup13  -  Phone:  217 620 8344

Link to Ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363662298496/1955-Lincoln-Capri-Coupe  - 

Many more photos on the Ebay Listing!

Seller's Description:

• VIN: 55WA6226H
  • Mileage: 75,000
  • Vehicle Title: Clean
  • Power Options: Power Windows, Power Seats

1955 lincoln capri original motor and drivetrane very solid car 341 engine 64000 original miles runs excellent new wires plugs original carb choke works as it should idle smooth fresh oil change no ticks or knocks no leaks transmission shifts as it should it has power steering and brakes power windows and power seat it all works body  is all original metal no rust doors open and shut as they should all windows are clear no cracks dash is like new interior is very nice this is the original color of the car its a 2 tone the top is a lighter green and the bottom is dark green I will decode the door tag below all tags are on the car I have clear title in my name the paint is old on the car but still presentable nice  chrome on the car heater works no leaks good wide white wall tires the trunk has surface rust only no holes the underside of the car is very solid see video and pics I do have the trim that goes around the back window and rocker trim and some other parts that go with the car this a good car to cruise starts everytime dependable lots of room inside I do reserve the right to end auction at anytime since the car is for sale locally

• please call with any and all questions 217 620 8344 Thank you 

THE COLOR CODE IS 45-L 45 = ESTATE GREEN IRIDESCENT 

• THE TOP IS COLOR CODE L I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND WHERE TO DECODE THE REST OF THE TAG THERE WERE LESS THAN 10,000 MADE SO PRETTY RARE CAR MOST OF THE PAINT LOOKS ORIGINAL IT IS A ORIGINAL 2 TONE CAR

image.png.f0dfe6790654d3cd224fef3a6ae97abd.png

image.png.0223f0b6f6de64f7d7f73351a39c67cd.png

image.png.8aa42721e79eb0403f134c7b6ec6aa6e.png

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Lincoln Capri Hardtop Coupe - "Very solid, two-tone Coupe runs excellent" - Chicago, IL - Not Mine - 1/19 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Lincoln Capri Hardtop Coupe - "Very solid and two-tone, runs excellent" - Chicago, IL - Not Mine - 1/19 Reduced

I really, really don't understand the old car marketplace.  A drop to $13,000 and this car sits?  While others I have saved on facebook marketplace show SOLD?   

A 1955 Imperial or Cadillac CdV in similar condition would be advertised for $25,000 to $35,000.  There is a much worse (still decent) 1955 Imperial on this forum for sale now for $25,000.    I have not seen a similar CdV anywhere close to this for less than $25,000 recently.

For whatever reason, I have had Lincoln reference books while I got rid of all of my Cadillac and Buick reference books.  Postwar Lincolns, like Imperials, just had a hard time keeping up with Cadillac, maybe I feel sorry for Lincolns.    

Whether you own a Chrysler New Yorker, Imperial, Lincoln, or Cadillac, buying one and driving it around the neighborhood to the ice cream shop delivers the same general experience.  

4 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

I really, really don't understand the old car marketplace.  A drop to $13,000 and this car sits?  While others I have saved on facebook marketplace show SOLD?   

A 1955 Imperial or Cadillac CdV in similar condition would be advertised for $25,000 to $35,000.  There is a much worse (still decent) 1955 Imperial on this forum for sale now for $25,000.    I have not seen a similar CdV anywhere close to this for less than $25,000 recently.

For whatever reason, I have had Lincoln reference books while I got rid of all of my Cadillac and Buick reference books.  Postwar Lincolns, like Imperials, just had a hard time keeping up with Cadillac, maybe I feel sorry for Lincolns.    

Whether you own a Chrysler New Yorker, Imperial, Lincoln, or Cadillac, buying one and driving it around the neighborhood to the ice cream shop delivers the same general experience.  

You forgot to mention, Buick, Sir! 😉

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Lincoln Capri Hardtop Coupe - "Very solid and two-tone, runs excellent" - Chicago, IL - Not Mine - 2/10 & 1/19 Reduced

Like the unsold 1964 Imperial coupe noted recently, I don’t understand how some cars sell while other languish.  The 64 Imperial and this Lincoln provide the same old car hobby fun as comparative cars which sell for much more.  In fact, owning a bit more uncommon car might make you the hit at the local shows and cruise ins.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Like the unsold 1964 Imperial coupe noted recently, I don’t understand how some cars sell while other languish.  The 64 Imperial and this Lincoln provide the same old car hobby fun as comparative cars which sell for much more.  In fact, owning a bit more uncommon car might make you the hit at the local shows and cruise ins.  

I agree 100%, this is a unique nice looking car that you don't see every day. I always search out cars that I haven't seen at car shows. No offense to anyone, but I have seen my share of tri five chevys to last a lifetime. Great price on this one also. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

On close inspection of the pictures, I think the

seat upholstery may be unauthentic.  I looks good,

and appropriate, but the bolsters appear to be

newer vinyl instead of leather, and the cloth inserts

look possibly like a 1980's napped fabric.

If so, that could be holding down the price and interest;

but the door panels appear to have the correct material.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

image.png.b77c7bc07b7d859dd85bc0453dc389f1.png

image.png.5c661a8e31415f373b7cf5dcdb71f533.png

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Lincoln Capri Hardtop Coupe - "Very solid and two-tone, runs excellent" - Chicago, IL - Not Mine - 3/26 Increased - 2/10 & 1/19 Reduced

On 3/26, Seller increased price to $14,000 and relisted  -  Call: 217 620 83 four four

Link: https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/stillman-valley-1955-lincoln-capri/7463025687.html

Seller's Description:

• Very good condition
  • Driven 56,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
  • Title status: clean

1955 lincoln capri very rust free car runs good see video below copy and paste link full video of undercarriage original colors and paint nice interior original motor and automatic transmission original chrome and bumpers. $14000 cash takes it call anytime

Video: https://youtu.be/yIwygRAAjug

image.png.72417131bae75edfc1e4bb76e97048b5.png