What has happened to electricvehiclemuseum.org?

I have found that http://www.electricvehiclemuseum.org no longer responds. This site is an invaluable resource for Detroit Electric owners, having a huge collection of scanned blueprints from the factory. I have been downloading as I needed information and had intended to just download everything pertaining to my model/year but of course never got around to it.

I researched the owner of the domain and came up with Bob Oldfather. I attempted to contact him via Facebook, but didn't get a response.

If anyone has any information about the condition of this site, I would appreciate hearing about it.

DE _ 68 - 69 - 75 - 76 - 89 - 90 _ 1916 _ Assembly of Contacts for Controller.jpg

Edited by rotus8 (see edit history)

• rotus8 changed the title to What has happened to electricvehiclemuseum.org?
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The electricvehiclemuseum.org site appears to be down again. Any way to contact the owner to get it going again? I would be willing to make a donation for site maintenance if that is what it takes.

20 hours ago, Lee H said:

Thanks. I actually have a snapshot of the entire archive from a couple of years ago, I was checking to see if there was anything new added. It would be a shame if this resource is lost.

• 4 weeks later...

I also found this repository to be very useful when we restored a 1914(17?) Detroit Electric at the WAAAM museum in Hood River, OR.  I archived some of the files but apparently not all of them.  Now I need to review some of them to update a controller model that I have 3D printed.

Any info on the whereabouts of those scans is greatly appreciated.

Tony Ackerman

I seem to be missing the drawings for the controller contact ferrules (the pieces between the controller drum and the copper plates).  I might be able to derive them from the contact drawings but I seem to remember that there were ferrule drawings.  This is for a 1914 Model 63 DE.

For example drawing 36727 shows the copper contact for the F contact.  But there is also a ferrule piece between the drum and copper that I need to model.

If the files exists, I'd appreciate it if you could share them.

Thanks,

Tony

I searched through what I have and the only thing I found that applies to the model 63 was an assembly drawing. It gives the part numbers for the ferrules but I don't find them in my archive capture. Sorry.

Thanks Ted.  I've checked on the Wayback Machine and found some files but not what I need.  I'll keep looking and I've tried contacting Mr. Oldfather so maybe they will turn up.  As I'm sure that you are aware the WWW is ephemeral...it seems like the bad stuff lasts forever but the good stuff disappears.

Thanks Ted,

I have 35877 and it depicts the placement of the copper pads.  Files 35723, 35724... detail the actual copper pads.  And somewhere there are drawings showing the ferrules.

Attached is my model that I printed out a few years ago.  I still have the ferrule models so I can print another but wanted to double check some details and to improve the model.  Anyway, thanks so much for your help.

Tony

PXL_20220315_184515469 (1).jpg

• 4 weeks later...