For Sale 1936 - 1940 Buick Fender Skirts

likeold

• likeold changed the title to For Sale 1936 - 1948 Buick Fender Skirts

@Likeold:

I am located in Lee, NH, near Portsmouth.  I would like to take a look at these.  I have a 1940 Buick Special 4 dr sedan and have been considering putting skirts on it for some time.  Please e mail your contact info to: tomdolan84@hotmail.com.  Many thanks, Tom Dolan

12 hours ago, Perichbrothers said:

Hi!
Are the cut pieces metal or is that a rubber/plastic seal?

it looks like it is a fender welting bead.

are they a repop type?
thanks!,

TP

The bead looks to be fender welting, I imagine they are after market skirts, they came with my 38 Special and I do not plan to use them.

Those are aftermarket, not factory original.  Factory original skirts for 1939-40 had a small tip at the bottom front to cover the round-off on the bottom front of the rear fender. They were also bubbled, but these may be bubbled, I can't tell from the picture.  They aren't right for any 1941-1949 Buick.  Hope that info helps, not throwing any stones here.

• likeold changed the title to For Sale 1936 - 1940 Buick Fender Skirts
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Devin 22 said:

I have been researching these and believe they are earlier buick? They look similar to this post. I found them in a house flip. Anyone know more ? I would like to get them to someone who could use them. 

20211023_113238.jpg

1941 Buick.  Will be correct  for most models determined by lower trim. The trim on these looks to  be correct for Super& Roadmaster. Can be for Special/Century models by changing bottom trim. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The first pair are for a 1939-1940 and are factory Buick, but made I believe by an aftermarket company for Buick.  The set with the molding are definitely 1941.  The bottom molding looks Super & Roadmaster to me, as the Special, Century and Limited models had a wider molding.

How much for the first pair?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...