PB Fuel Pump Questions

Canadian PB Kid

Before I go ahead and track down a fuel pump repair kit for the pump that came off the engine I'd like to ensure that this pump will work, I read in the United Motors section of the parts book that the fuel pump body part numbers seem the same for most of the applications but the arm is specific for the PB... I believe this pump is a "B" series.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Oh, would anyone know of someone who supplies fuel pump rebuild kits?

TIA

Dave

STAY SAFE!

fuel pump side.jpg

thank you for posting your question    was not aware of the arm difference    there seems to be an explanation of the arms in the book     years ago I put the wrong pump on a 36 Plymouth and damaged the cam shaft   so be careful -------  am looking for a PB exhaust Manifold

Edited by broker-len (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, hwellens said:

Thanks for posting this, it appears your listing is from around 1950 which leads me to believe that the 450 remained a good part number till at least then, I rechecked the 1934 United parts book and almost every part is different for the 450 except the diaphragm, mounting gasket and a few other small parts including the sediment bowl and gasket. 

I pulled the cam out of the engine that the fuel pump came off (not sure how long it'd been on there before it was parked) and there doesn't seem to be any unusual wear on the lobe.

Was the 450 was superseded by another part number sometime in the fifties? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Dave

STAY SAFE! 

fuel pump parts marked.jpg