WTB - 1937 BUICK WHEEL CAP. CANADIAN MODEL- 15" RIM

CANADACHRIS

Hello!

I own an automotive shop up in BC Canada. Unfortunately on a recent tire change, my technician did not install one of these center caps correctly.  It fell off somewhere between here and a 45 minute drive from me.

Its my understanding these are a very rare breed of center cap. I need ONE only. Can anyone here help me???

20211208_135943.jpg

20211208_135948.jpg

20211208_135954.jpg

You will have more luck finding hen's teeth.

Ironically that Canadian McLaughlin Buick hubcap was used for several years,  starting in 1937 but can not say up until when.  Early early 40's I believe.

If anyone has many more(good ones) than they need,  does hoarding them do anyone any good?   With any LUCK,  someone might find a person customizing their car and has no use for the hubcaps.

After a while they won't even be sought after anymore,  we're talking 80 plus years old already.  I think that market will only shrink going forward.

The one in the picture is pretty nice.  Sincerely....  Best of luck.

1 hour ago, 1937McBuick said:

You will have more luck finding hen's teeth.

Ironically that Canadian McLaughlin Buick hubcap was used for several years,  starting in 1937 but can not say up until when.  Early early 40's I believe.

If anyone has many more(good ones) than they need,  does hoarding them do anyone any good?   With any LUCK,  someone might find a person customizing their car and has no use for the hubcaps.

After a while they won't even be sought after anymore,  we're talking 80 plus years old already.  I think that market will only shrink going forward.

The one in the picture is pretty nice.  Sincerely....  Best of luck.

1937McBuick I'm glad you replied! I tried to private message you but because I just signed up for these forums it won't let me!

It was a Google image search that brought me to these forums. You posted some time ago some pictures of this exact cap!

You are correct it was from 1937 to 1940.

It's a very unfortunate situation.

If someone is able to muster one up I'd be willing to certainly pay a fair dollar for it!  Even if the condition isn't as good as these, I could look into ways of restoring it back to this condition. 

Even if anyone has one that's looking pretty rough, please let me know!  If someone has 4 they want to part with and don't want to split the set, let's make a deal!

Ya I've been on the hunt for some real good ones but they are "hard to find".   I have 4 acceptable ones,  installed on a newly restored car they will probably be a bit ugly in comparison to what they're on.   And I have a couple of "poorer" spares in case I run into your dilemma.  And some really bad ones.