Studebaker President ES 1927

Hello all

I started new project, Studebaker President ES sedan 1927. Car imported to Hanko Finland in february 1927 and was sold in March to taxi driver Guy Augustsson. Importer was Korpivaara & Halla (Toyota Finland today) and price was 120000 fmk. T- Ford tuoring paid 27400 fmk at the same time. Guy drive by Studebaker to year 1954, but car is out of use 1940 -1947 because of the war. In the sixties he sold car to young man, who started the restoration, but only dismantled the car. I bought this Studebaker April 2021. It was stil on parts, but i found almost all.

I need some parts for my car, can anybody help me?

- Instrument cluster with six holes (see picture)

-Door opening knobs and window regulators (picture)

-Ball & Ball SV33 float chamber lid (picture)

-Stop lamp glass lens (lamp with "Studebaker Stop" script)

-Grease hub caps (pictures)

-Six 0,020' (or larger) oversitze pistons and rings

-New crankshaft main bearrings

-Front bumber (Biflex)

Kyydissä.jpg

Löytöpaikka.jpg

Sisältä.jpg

Kahvat.jpg

Kehys.jpg

Rasvakuppi.jpg

Rasvakuppi_2.jpg

Uimurikansi.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to see that you had so few responses.

I belief that our Covid lockdown and the Christmas season with it's cold weather has something to do with this.I know that FINLAND get cold also.

I may be able to help you with some parts but I shut down for the winter because it cost more to heat my warehouse than I sell on parts.

Rest assured that somewhere you can find the parts you need and people will get answers for your questions .

It looks like you instrument cluster is complete ,Why are you looking for another one?

The door opening knobs have been reproduced and I have a pair but they have not been plated yet.

I have a engine core that need rebuilding from a model EW that is as far as I know the same engine.

The Big six engine parts maybe hard to find but I know several Studebaker owners that frequent these pages have rebuilt these engines and can give you advice.

Have a Wonderfull Christmas and when it warms up in the spring give me a reminder.

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker (at)mac.com

Replace the (at)with @

eight one 5 212 2389

Yes, here is cold and dark. Not very cold, but VERY dark.

The door opening knobs sounds good! If i don't find good window cranks, i make new ones. Orginal zink cast parts is wery poor condition but here is brass founder, who can make casting works for me. https://iloinenvaskiseppa.com/

I dont need whole instrument cluster, only green face plate. (Fifth picture). I bought a new fuel gauge body from straight-eight.com, clock is ok, but i bought it to watchmaker for cleaning and oiling. The rest of the gauges i fixed myself.

Let's see in the spring, what parts you can find.

Merry Christmas and happy new year for all!

Edited by Stude_Opel
typo (see edit history)

On 12/25/2021 at 6:18 AM, 13CADDY said:

I found 2 3in. caps that I"LL part with--if you still need pm me--$75 for the pair, i'll need to research the freight---Tom

Yes, i still need caps. I try to send PM, but it doesn't work. I received an error message "Your account does not yet meet the minimum content requirements to send personal messages". I don't know why. Can you send PM for me please.

• 5 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 3:24 AM, rbk said:

Sorry to see that you had so few responses.

I belief that our Covid lockdown and the Christmas season with it's cold weather has something to do with this.I know that FINLAND get cold also.

I may be able to help you with some parts but I shut down for the winter because it cost more to heat my warehouse than I sell on parts.

Rest assured that somewhere you can find the parts you need and people will get answers for your questions .

It looks like you instrument cluster is complete ,Why are you looking for another one?

The door opening knobs have been reproduced and I have a pair but they have not been plated yet.

I have a engine core that need rebuilding from a model EW that is as far as I know the same engine.

The Big six engine parts maybe hard to find but I know several Studebaker owners that frequent these pages have rebuilt these engines and can give you advice.

Have a Wonderfull Christmas and when it warms up in the spring give me a reminder.

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker (at)mac.com

Replace the (at)with @

eight one 5 212 2389

Did you found any parts?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I had a serious setback in my health.

I am 85 years old and don't spend enough time in my warehouse.

My granddaughter came to help me and I hope to find the small door locks.

Are you still looking for the hubcaps 3" opening?

Thanks rbk, bud Commander pistons don't fit to big six engine. I ordered new 0.030 oversitze piston set and complete valve set from Egge.

Your door lock knobs and window cranks look a bit different.  Thanks anyway!

12 hours ago, Stude_Opel said:

Thanks rbk, bud Commander pistons don't fit to big six engine. I ordered new 0.030 oversitze piston set and complete valve set from Egge.

Your door lock knobs and window cranks look a bit different.  Thanks anyway!

He may have intended to put 1927? The Model EW Big Six Commander uses the same engine as the ES Big Six President.

I may have some interior handles you can use. I have attached a photo showing 1 interior window crank with a crack see photo. Maybe it can be used as a pattern. Shown are also interior escutcheons that were extras when I had my ES President, along with door knobs and oval rings. Interior door lock handles also. Not sure if you can use them, but for $50 for all, plus shipping I can send them too you. I also have rather nice pair of headlights from the ES and fans. Used front wheel bearings that are usable if you need them.

Frank

IMG_4139.JPG

20 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

He may have intended to put 1927? The Model EW Big Six Commander uses the same engine as the ES Big Six President.

Yes, it's true. My new piston set is almost here, i paid customs yesterday.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 5:58 AM, 13Caddy2 said:

Are you still needing the wheel caps--2 correct ?--tell me how to ship, that you can afford--we can go from there--the paper work the post office wanted was more than i wanted to do---Tom

yes, i send PM

On 7/18/2022 at 1:41 AM, oldford said:

I may have some interior handles you can use. I have attached a photo showing 1 interior window crank with a crack see photo. Maybe it can be used as a pattern. Shown are also interior escutcheons that were extras when I had my ES President, along with door knobs and oval rings. Interior door lock handles also. Not sure if you can use them, but for $50 for all, plus shipping I can send them too you. I also have rather nice pair of headlights from the ES and fans. Used front wheel bearings that are usable if you need them.

Frank

IMG_4139.JPG

Hi Frank

I need lockin levers (center right) and door opening knob (top left). I have one window crank for pattern. But i can take all these parts, price is good.

I have good headlights and new front wheel bearings.

Please send PM for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...