1948 Chrysler Traveler

Bought and started the restoration of a 1948 Chrysler Traveler several years ago. I've somewhat stalled out on the project and am considering selling. Car is all there, interior is all redone as original but not put in as of yet. Roof rack is complete and is quite nice. Let me know if you are or know of someone that is interested in a Traveler.

Dave 

Lincoln Nebraska

Front passenger.JPG

Front.JPG

Left rear.JPG

On lift.JPG

On 12/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, LongTraveler said:

Bought and started the restoration of a 1948 Chrysler Traveler several years ago. I've somewhat stalled out on the project and am considering selling. Car is all there, interior is all redone as original but not put in as of yet. Roof rack is complete and is quite nice. Let me know if you are or know of someone that is interested in a Traveler.

Dave 

Lincoln Nebraska

Front passenger.JPG

Front.JPG

Left rear.JPG

On lift.JPG

Interior photos? Engine photos? Trunk photos? Price?

3 hours ago, JACK M said:

I dont believe I have ever seen a set of lifts like that.

I’ve seen them for heavy trucks. They must have some kind of synchronization so they raise and lower at the same rate. 

Interesting car. I’ve heard of them but never really learned much about them. Pretty cool. This one looks to be in nice shape on the outside. 

The lifts are some that are used at the place I work at. They are synchronized to lift at the same time or you can adjust them individually if you want to have one end or side higher but that can get dicey real quick if your not careful.

JFranklin and Keiser31 it is in pretty good shape but it does have a few places where rust needs repaired. The front mounts from the frame to the body (about where the drivers and passengers feet are) need repair. Some rust through the floor pan at the area of the drivers heels and the lower edge of the body under the drivers side doors has a few spots I've already cut out. A small bit just in front of the drivers door down low on the rear of the front fender and the floor of the trunk needs replaced. When typed out is feels like a lot but it really isn't.

As I said earlier the interior is done and ready to go in. What I mean by interior is the seats, door panels, package tray, head liner, carpets for the floor, door sill pads, welting, hand hold loops stainless trim all are done and ready for installation. The interior material is spot on the same as original. I even had the material sent out to have the small holes that perforated the original material duplicated. I have a new dash wiring kit from Rock Island Wiring for it. I also have a NOS back up light kit complete and still in the box along with front mount fog lights. I have the flip handles for the windows that are quite nice too. 

The two large pieces of stainless trim under both doors were in pretty rough shape when I got it but was able to find two NOS replacement pieces along with NOS stainless trim pieces for the rear fenders above the wheels. All of the other trim is there and in good shape. I have a spare front bumper, bumper spears, spare hood and several extra pieces of the bakelite dash pieces and an extra dash. Heaters are in good shape. One of them had a bad fitting and I had it repaired. Clock was sent out and has been refurbished. I did pull the oil pan early on and while cleaning it out opened up some pin holes. I repaired them but have a good pan on hand to replace it.

I'm sure there is other stuff I'm forgetting.

The knob for turning on the windshield wipers has gone missing. When I was in the process of taking it off it went zipping off someplace and has yet to resurface. A mystery I have yet to solve...

I have not done much as far as engine and drive train work. However the car does run and we did some limited driving in it just to make sure things worked as they should have before I brought it in the shop. Didn't really want to drive it too much after we bought it because the owner before us didn't have it in a place that was free of mice and they had made the interior a not too pleasant place to be. I stripped the interior out and cleaned it super well and then placed a commercial ozone machine in it and now there is absolutely no trace of mouse left. 

Master brake cylinder has been replaced along with the individual wheel slave cylinders and brake lines. Brake pads have been replaced and the wheel bearings cleaned and repacked.

Paint job looks nice in the pictures but it needs a refresh paint job.

If someone is truly interested in this car send me a p.m. and we can exchange phone numbers and talk about it, get specific pictures etc...

Thanks,

• Thanks 1