FS 1941 Buick Special 4d USD 10.500

Just saw this... To be contacted via Facebook, the lady on picture #2 seems to the seller.... I have no connection to the car, I am just fascinated. Requested engine and interior pics. What do you think? 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/195704316085862/?_rdr

"1941 Buick special 8 in Immaculate shape runs and drives brand new rebuilt motor very very clean one beauty come see
McKean, PA" 

image.png.0b46c55d51cbbe70c1dccea8d9d3696b.png

image.png.9b2c3fd4e291549eb614e725bcc5e8cc.png

image.png.dd44224d4385364f3c94eb7ce2bd28f8.png

image.png.3eb3ee312766768ea31bdd6d109f0e92.png

• Like 2

It looks pretty good from what you can see.  The wheel covers are wrong, and the chrome spear on the driver's side rear fender is broken, but otherwise it looks good.  Not a bad price assuming that the interior is good and it's in good mechanical condition.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, supercub said:

Neat car, good price. A Steinway on wheels. The steering wheel looks rough, that could be recast, I wonder how much it would cost.

I had a few steering wheels recast.  The last one was a '38 Buick steering wheel and that was $550.00.  But that was when there was little to no inflation.  I would guess now you would be in the neighborhood of $600!

From photos I would be able to support the "imaculate" term only for the exterior. Even with the poor interior photos the door side panels are really bad and the front seat at least was recovered in vinyl possibly the rear seat also. Dash looks to be pretty shabby. $600 for a recast wheel is now considered low.

Questioning the black engine as post WWII replacement engines were black. I am pretty sure the Script Buick hub caps are for 15" rims. This should have 16" rims for a Special.

• Like 2

I agree with all of Larry's comments.  This is far from a "giveaway price," but if it runs well the asking price is in a reasonable range.  This could be reliable "driver" to have fun with, but it would take a lot of work and money to make everything correct in the interior and under the hood.

Looks like a Morel 41 with a replacement engine. Usually painted black. Looks like a lot of work on the interior, not to mention the need for a new steering wheel. If running well I can attest they are a great driving car. Good luck to the buyer of this car.

• Like 1

Nice looking car from the outside. The chrome looks real nice ($) and the paint looks real good ($) and it does not look like the engine compartment has been ignored. This just leaves the interior. Nice short term project. I think this car tops out at 15k, so there is a little meat on the bone. Play with it fix the odds and ends and then pass it on to the next fellow to enjoy.

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 3