Info on door weather stripping for '33 PD Coupe

RevWags@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...

I have never seen any but a close read of the parts book seems to indicate there was some weather strip along the bottom of the doors. I have no idea what it looked like or how it was attached though I recall a slight indent along the bottom of the doors, so it might have attached between the door and the interior panel that is attached to the door.

I have not seen any indication there was weather strip on the top or sides of the doors.

My assumption is that the windlace around the doors served as the seal for the top, front and back of the doors. Further assumption or guess that the weather strip on the bottom was to direct water coming out of the weep holes on the bottom of the door to the outside.

I have driven my 33 in fairly heavy rain and not had an issue with water getting around the doors. Leaks around the cowl vent, yes (make sure the drain hoses are in place). Leaks around the windshield. Yes before replacing the seals. But not around the doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevWags@aol.com said:

I have found the rubber seal attached to the bottom of my interior door panels.  I ordered some generic rubber seal from Steele Rubber that will replace the original.  Thanks for the input.  Craig Eagner

For those of us who have never seen that weather stripping could you share a photo and/or description of it and how it is mounted. And maybe the Steele part number for the generic seal that seems close enough.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...