For Sale: 1930 Lincoln 4dr Sedan - $21,500 - Vacaville, CA - Not Mine

For Sale:  1930 Lincoln 4dr Sedan - $21,500 - Vacaville, CA

1930 Lincoln - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1930 Lincoln 4 Door Sedan. Original inside and out. Complete and in good condition. Runs and drives well. Flathead V8 engine compression is less than half of what it should be but it still runs good considering. Purchased new in Sacramento. Third owner for the past 22 years. An enclosed trailer that can be purchased separately.   odometer: 55666
Copy and paste in your email: a2b949f0c25d3dc985ccfca02c246ef7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Lincoln 4dr Sedan.

'30 Lincoln CA a.jpg

'30 Lincoln CA b.jpg

'30 Lincoln CA c.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Well it is a Classic but the flat 8 is not super complicated.  Fairly priced.  I believe aluminum bodied (factory) 

Easy fix......throw 1000 dollar bills at it till you pass out......five times. Nice car. And a seller that speaks the truth........impressive. 

• Like 3

Very complete original car.  I went to see it earlier this year and it runs and drives very well despite the low compression and blow-by.  Owner is very friendly and honest.  Original paint and upholstery.  New Michelin double rivet tires and powder coated wheels.282AEE00-0BAB-4533-B369-773C8C142768.jpeg.e18bef7d8e9c1340d7f0e41c514c4e89.jpeg

Edited by charlespetty (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The engine could probably be left in the car and a hone job with rings and valves would make it good as new. More time than money..........I did a similar overhaul on a 1931 when I was 14 years old without difficulty.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Again showing my ignorance of pre war cars, but that one seems pretty decent. Seems like a lot of car for not much more than model A money.

Agreed, but you can fix a Model A for free compared to a Leland Lincoln. We won’t even discuss parts availability.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

Agreed, but you can fix a Model A for free compared to a Leland Lincoln. We won’t even discuss parts availability.

The reason I have passed on a couple local cars that were pretty good, this one though, is nice enough I think to not worry about cosmetics, a big leg up if your not hung up on a show car.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Not Mine - Same car - significant reduction in price - $12,500

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/vacaville-1930-lincoln/7531607075.html

pics in new ad may be slightly different than ones in this thread - same car license plate and contact phone number

phone five30-21nine1125

Email - copy and paste into your email:
3598a5a581b63a119facfd01e7ba5c86@sale.craigslist.org

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

New ad, now $19K. I wonder if they wouldn't take a few grand less to someone who promised a good home! 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/vacaville-1930-lincoln/7598100830.html

28ba5d0758cd367db72e407e608890d9@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 4:39 PM, charlespetty said:

I went to see it earlier this year and it runs and drives very well despite the low compression and blow-by.

Somehow a little smoke coming out the back just seems to fit an original looking car from that era. 

• Like 1

Nice looking car, but the seller has had it for sale for 3 years now, I find it amazing it's still for sale, especially at only $21k.

Why is this car still available?

If it didn't cost so much to transport it from the west coast to the east cost, I would buy it.

3 hours ago, RVMC said:

Nice looking car, but the seller has had it for sale for 3 years now, I find it amazing it's still for sale, especially at only $21k.

Why is this car still available?

If it didn't cost so much to transport it from the west coast to the east cost, I would buy it.

Is it still being advertised by the original seller ? Or is this someone new selling the same car? 

6 hours ago, Fossil said:

Somehow a little smoke coming out the back just seems to fit an original looking car from that era. 

That blow-by oily smoke was coming from the oil fill breather cap, not the exhaust so much.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, charlespetty said:

That blow-by oily smoke was coming from the oil fill breather cap, not the exhaust so much.

Thank you and I understand that. The breather pipe being at one end of the car and the exhaust pipe the other end. The breather pipe adds aroma to the inside of the car and the tail pipe the outside.

This reminds me of setting at an intersection waiting for the light to change on cold days and seeing the vapors rising up from under the cars. Not something you see much of anymore. 

• Like 2

I know these are totally unrelated to Ford's '32  V8 design and that they have fork and blade rods, but what makes them so daunting to rebuild?

13 hours ago, JAK said:

You sure about that? I thought when Henry put his name on the radiator badge and Edsel  supervised all the body designs it was no longer Leland,

except for the  fork and blade engine.

I can only respond to how the founders of the CCCA that I was around referred to them………any fork and blade was a Leland. The square boxes on wheels were certainly coming under that nomenclature. But guys like Pres Blake, Joe Joseph, Charlie Kerner, Bob Turnquist, John Wemple, and many others who taught me the ropes as a young kid all referred to the fork and blade cars as Leland Lincoln’s. Fact is many considered them as a pre WWI design, and the “first” good one as the “KB”.  Personally, I really like the 1925-1928 specials that were done. Always though they Lincoln beans was under appreciated…….same as Pierce Arrow. Just my two cents.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, edinmass said:

Unfortunately, I’m sober. I don’t get your question Dave. All the V-8 Lincolns are considered Leland cars. 

Ed,  Yes, it was devilish of me to exclude "Leland" from Lincoln.  After all, my high school year book epitaph started with "Devilish as can be".   After acquisition by Ford, the corporate name was changed to LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY Division of FORD MOTOR COMPANY, for whatever that's worth.
A strange observation;  Wicipedia states that after '30 the "L" designation was replaced by "K", even though the '31-'32 models were still flathead V8's and not the 12 cylinder models we associate with "K".  A look at a prewar Victor gasket catalog corroborates this, showing K in the prefix of the head gasket for '31 and '32's.
I have about 40 Lincoln service bulletins ranging from 1925 up into 1934 in their original string bound covers that I would like to make available for purchase byanyone more in need of them than I am.  Any interest?

Thanks for the offer......I only collect stuff that applies to my cars I have on hand........it was getting out of hand. I'm certain someone will want them. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

I know these are totally unrelated to Ford's '32 V8 design and that they have fork and blade rods, but what makes them so daunting to rebuild?

I'll take run at this question: tight tolerance machining to allow century old build methods, virtually extinct spare parts, few willing or able to bear the cost or headache of such a project for the resulting car involved.  Anything else?