Fuse Panel

JCin

Alllll Right   I've got the fuse panel open without any damage.  Does anyone know which fuse is the Powered Windows ?  I have never had an electrical problem with this car and now the windows stopped working

Power windows are a separate wire harness with the circuit breaker behind the drivers kick-panel on a '63. The feed side of that circuit breaker is plugged into the Live Header on the back side of the fuse block. It can easily slip off there since it is a stiff heavier gauge wire if disturbing the fuse block.

This would be for 1963 & 64.

• Like 1

The kick panel should come off in one piece (including the vent grille).  You'll probably need to loosen or remove the sill plate to free the windlace that tucks into it.  I'm not specifically familiar with the 1st-gen interior, but there may be a couple of phillips screws to remove near the top or toe board.  It should basically come out by pulling it backward (i.e., toward the rear of the car).  The windlace wraps around the pinchweld on the A-pillar.  If like my GP, the vent grille is attached to the panel itself and nothing else.

There is a single screw through the grill that holds it down in the back so that and pulling it out up by the pedals should allow you to wiggle it out out of it’s channel.  Breaker should be screwed to the metal structure between the vent and the door frame about halfway up.