1938 Century convertible project $32,000 NOT MINE

B Jake Moran

That is a crazy price.  IF -"If" I owned this car and got it started and then got fatigue and gave up, I would simply add up what I had in it and offer it for that price.  So many sellers want to profit off the sale of their cars.  Collectible items appreciate, yes, but in this case condition trumps rarity.  

It would be interesting to see what he actually has. It looks like some of the photos in the facebook marketplace listing show the car out in a field, but others appear to show it inside after some work that was clearly after the other photo was taken. It might be worth a lot more than I think it is based on the condition of all of the collection of parts and the actual condition of the project car. The listing is poorly done for sure. The photos shown do not match the asking price. That particular body style is of interest to a lot of people with deep pockets but a better listing actually showing the project's condition and the extent and condition of the other parts. 

• Like 1

I think the value is in the ID plate, if it's intact.

There are lots of supposed 38-66c's running around that are Century sedans redone with a Special convertible coupe body.

This thing needs a ton of work, but when you're done re-bodying your 38-61 with it, I guess you could claim to have a real 66c.

But there's not a prayer that hulk is worth $32K.