Help needed finding a wobble fuel pump

Teddgoth

19 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Wobble pumps were used to transfer fuel from a barrel, not as automotive fuel pumps.

Actually they were used on early 63 corvette Rochester fuel injection units. They did not work out too well, so most were

replaced with gear pumps.

Dave

These pumps were used extensively in British vehicles. Even on diesel trucks.This lever is incorporated in the mechanical fuel pumps. If the carb is dry the lever is used ( move up and down ) to suck the gas from the tank into the carb bowl. Land Rovers used them until the advent of the fuel injection. In winter the drivers of British cars would lever the pump , make sure the carb is full before cranking. Almost  starting never fails 

Land Rover used a Buick engine for a while  and I think they used the British style pump in them I am not sure. Try  Rovers North. They are in N East US.

Years ago, and for many years, my dad had a 1950s LeRoi industrial air compressor (110 psi, 125 cfm). It had a small lever mounted behind/under the glass bowl filter connected as part of the fuel pump. Before starting, one would pull the lever a few times until it went limp indicating the carburetor was filled before starting the engine. I wish I still had that old beast!

It was quite different from the pumps pictured above. It looked similar to the diaphragm pumps Chevrolet and other cars used for many years.

Hi Wayne.  That's just a mechanical link that strokes the diaphram for priming. Reasonably common on older diaphram pumps. Many British cars had them up to the early 1960's. Great for engines that may sit for a month or two between uses.  The gas in the float bowl might evaporate, but you just stroke the pump lever a few times and fill the float bowl with gas. Saves the battery from spinning the engine just to bring the fuel up to the carb on an engine that has been sitting for a few weeks or longer.