2022 AACA Grand Nationals in Virginia Beach

2022 AACA Grand Nationals

The 2021 car season is almost over.  It’s time to begin planning to attend the 2022 Grand Nationals in Virginia Beach, VA, on Thursday-Saturday, May 19-21, 2022.  Detailed information will be posted on the Tidewater Region website (www.traaca.com) soon, but here’s some general information for now:

HOST REGION:  Tidewater Region

WHEN:  Thursday-Saturday, May 19-21, 2022

WHERE:  Virginia Beach, VA

HOST HOTEL:  The Founders Inn (Hilton Tapestry Collection) located on the grounds of Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.  You can make reservations now at 757-366-5700.  Ask for the AACA Grand National rate.

ALTERNATE HOTEL:  Delta Hotel (Marriott), Chesapeake, VA (4 miles from host hotel).  You can make reservations now at 757-523-1500.  Ask for the AACA Grand National rate.

The Tidewater Region is planning a great show with a lot of fun activities (and delicious food) for you to enjoy.  Both the host hotel and the primary alternate hotel have beautiful rooms, their own restaurant and bar, are near other local and national chain restaurants and shopping, and are just off I-64.  Plus, there are plenty of fun and historic places to explore in Virginia Beach and nearby Chesapeake, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk, Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown.  Make a vacation of it:  come to win your antique vehicle’s well-deserved Grand National Award, but come a few days early and stay a few days after to visit the beach and explore the local area.

Check the Tidewater Region website (www.traaca.com) in a few days for more information.  If you have questions before then, please contact the 2022 Grand Nationals Chairperson—Marion McAlpine—at the email: AGN2022CHAIR@gmail.com.

AACA 2022 Grand Nationals Poster - Steering wheel - FINAL - 13 Aug 2021.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Marion,

I have been looking forward to this since you and Mark first told me of your plans for this over a year, maybe 2 years ago.  I made my reservation at The Founders Inn. 😉 Again, thanks to you, Mark and your AACA TR Region for doing this event. I am sure it will be a great show with good friends and that is what it is all about.

Phil

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

Hello Bill,

You need to call the hotel direct at the number in my original post.  Yes, all the rooms are blocked for the show--we have the entire hotel.  I just met with the hotel yesterday and rooms were still available.  However, rooms are filling quickly, so call soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Mark & I look forward to seeing you at the Grand Nationals.

Edited by Marion McAlpine (see edit history)