Lazier than Ben

I've ridden in Ben Bruce's car with the TBI set up and it runs great. My nephew bought three FiTech 2bbl TBI units for his Model T with a 406 Ford and the factory 3 carb intake. I'm going to borrow one and bolt it onto my 37 Special with a 263 straight eight. Just have to weld an 02 sensor in the head pipe and use an external high pressure fuel pump. The FiTech TBI is self tuning which helps an electronics cave man like myself. The very best mileage I've gotten with the carb is 13.8mpg so hoping the injection will maybe pick up a couple mpg. May have to tweak exhaust and use something like a K&N open top air filter for TBI to give best results. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcdarrunt said:

I've ridden in Ben Bruce's car with the TBI set up and it runs great. My nephew bought three FiTech 2bbl TBI units for his Model T with a 406 Ford and the factory 3 carb intake. I'm going to borrow one and bolt it onto my 37 Special with a 263 straight eight. Just have to weld an 02 sensor in the head pipe and use an external high pressure fuel pump. The FiTech TBI is self tuning which helps an electronics cave man like myself. The very best mileage I've gotten with the carb is 13.8mpg so hoping the injection will maybe pick up a couple mpg. May have to tweak exhaust and use something like a K&N open top air filter for TBI to give best results. Stay tuned.

'bout time, young feller!

May or may not increase fuel mileage. Sure will run better.  When is your  EFI expert going to be there next. Road trip time.

Ben

• Like 2