Unknown Tail Light Bezel

Cadillac Nut

19 hours ago, Roger Zimmermann said:

Good catch! A Simca Aronde must be an unusual car in the US! This one is good looking; the wheel covers are not the ones commonly seen in Europe. 

I remember back in the sixties seeing several Simca's in Delaware and Maryland. My cousin owned one he bought new in Salisbury, Maryland. Then they all seemed to disappear. I figured they just stopped importing them to the USA, faced with the US regulations and mounting competition from other imports.

My brother bought a new 1967 Simca 1000 from the local NJ Chrysler dealer.  He owned it for a year. It was a water cooled rear engine 4 speed "primitive" appliance.  ...And I do mean primitive...

That car spent a lot of time in the dealer's repair shop. It had numerous troubles. The one which I clearly remember was multiple failures of the clutch slave cylinder. 

I was 12 at the time and one warm summer evening my father and I drove the car to the dealer to fix something.  Surprisingly, we got there without trouble. The dealer's loaner car was a blue 1961 or 1962 Belair...!  As we drove home, I remember telling my father: " Wow, this is a nice smooth riding car...!"  Compared to the faded red Simca, it was...

Paul

Edited by pfloro (see edit history)