1930 Studebaker Dictator - $20,000 (Yuma Foothills)

stud1.jpg.a14b1b35169209cbd0597aef079d3f1a.jpgstud2.jpg.e1248c16588afa0aa1fa7993dc161b22.jpgstud4.jpg.6895c565f5f32d2f86b17ce26a943ace.jpgstud6.jpg.1cf269faaf00c430a98fd75eb92762c0.jpgstud7.jpg.d569d81fc0f6cdefd65a4178379bc251.jpgstud8.jpg.5fa5b05d07058237cff65fc64571e3ec.jpg

https://yuma.craigslist.org/cto/d/yuma-1930-studebaker-dictator/7406722106.html

We are offering for sale this beautiful, lovingly restored 1930 Studebaker Dictator, 6 cylinder, with 54,794 miles (as of Nov. ‘21). It is mostly original, but has some common-sense upgrades. These include a modern AC oil filter, and newer (similar to original) rubber on running boards and vinyl on roof.
The gorgeous mohair seat material, the headliner, and other interior appointments were obtained from LeBaron Bonney, acclaimed for producing period-correct interiors with original patterns.
The car had a frame up restoration in 2010, including rebuilding the engine. Professional work was done on the head by Lock-N-Stitch of Turlock, CA. The car runs well at about 45 mph.
There are a few relatively minor things that a new owner may wish to address. For example, the original door handles and the original locks for spare tires could be rekeyed. In addition to the electric starter, the car ha a place for a crank starter. The crank starter hole has been plugged. The rear taillight is from a Model A. There is an aftermarket hood prop.
This classic car looks great, has beautiful paint and chrome, and will enhance any collection. It has been stored appropriately inside. Clean title.

Reply by craigslist e-mail only.

stud3.jpg

stud5.jpg

This car looks good except in my opinion, the rims would be better in black or maroon. The beige interior looks a little too 50's. Maybe that was the original color? I think an amber shade would look better, as seen in many cars in this period.

The head repair may last, perhaps, but it could be the bottleneck to a sense of dependability. The other needs could of been addressed by the seller himself, for not so much to make the car a quick sale.

Edited by supercub (see edit history)

Dont know anything about these but seems like a pretty decent price for that car. Just barely out of Model A territory and I can imagine a lot less on the road now. Def needs a colour change on the wheels. If I were in the market and closer, take someone that knows these cars a bit better and hand full of hundys, might pick it up for 18k.