Repair dash Pad

ericisback

Why get an off shore item of questionable quality and construction?

All of us complain about aftermarket products. You have other choices, cover your dash pad yourself ( if you can rebuild an engine by following instructions you sure can cover a “ board”), have Just Dashes do it for you, better yet buy my rebuilt OEM dash pad. Looks original- all seams sealed, smooth, and tight. When you deal with the Turbinator you always come out a winner.

Gene Guarnere bought a 65 and 63 rebuilt OEM Dash Pad from me.

Turbinator

4F54AC88-219F-4589-B22A-DB294FFE7F8D.jpeg

2103F943-A945-409B-B140-9DC94D360739.jpeg

On 11/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, RivNut said:

OPGI is notorious for not having things in stock.  I have been led to understand that "not in stock" and "back ordered" are used to give OPGI time to gather enough orders for them to put in an order to their supplier.  If not enough orders come through, you'll never get it.  

Interesting. I get tons of emails full of exuberance about their products....stopped looking cuz out of stock. I cancelled my Wilwood brake kit from them and got it somewhere else. 

On 11/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, Turbinator said:

Why get an off shore item of questionable quality and construction?

All of us complain about aftermarket products. You have other choices, cover your dash pad yourself ( if you can rebuild an engine by following instructions you sure can cover a “ board”), have Just Dashes do it for you, better yet buy my rebuilt OEM dash pad. Looks original- all seams sealed, smooth, and tight. When you deal with the Turbinator you always come out a winner.

Gene Guarnere bought a 65 and 63 rebuilt OEM Dash Pad from me.

Turbinator

4F54AC88-219F-4589-B22A-DB294FFE7F8D.jpeg

2103F943-A945-409B-B140-9DC94D360739.jpeg

I'd buy that for a dollar!  :D  Seriously, looks very nice!

On 11/24/2021 at 10:49 PM, protrash63 said:

I'd buy that for a dollar!  :D  Seriously, looks very nice!

When I started the job on this one it wasn’t worth much more than a $1. One gent said he had 5 or 6 original no cracks for $500. I said $500 was high then he said yours are $900!

I said my cover is not 58 years old and won’t crack when you touch the cover.

Thankyou for the compliment.

Turbinator

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:49 PM, protrash63 said:

buy that for a dollar!  :D  Seriously, looks very nice!

Pro trash, I called and or wrote OPGI for specifications on their dash pads. The only thing I received from OPGI was “ it will fit”. Insufficient info from a supplier. A spec sheet is not much to ask.

Turbinator

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EmTee said:

Can you read Mandarin...?

EmTee, Mandarin, no. Cantonese yes.

Only kidding of course.

The reason I wanted the spec sheet was to make a comparison to my refurbish dash pad. On more than a couple of occasions I contracted with the Chinese to make some parts for me. I tried several

American companies but I was unable to communicate with them. The Chinese called me and said, “ you send sample we make”. Damned if they didn’t copy the item like it was brand new.

• Thanks 1