FS: Reduced! 1969 chrysler newport convertible 78k orginal miles 2nd owner

REDUCED! $9500 BUYS IT!! So its been a local car hear in town all its life, I bought it from some people that had it about 25 years its been garaged the last 25 years. Nice clean orginal survivor car, all original with 78k miles, 1969 chrysler newport convertible. Has a great running 383 big block v8 with factory ac and power steering and power brakes.  All stock and unmodified. Has new battery and fuel pump along with cap and rotor, runs good! Has new glass back window. Tires are old but have good tread I just wouldn't trust them driving long distance. Interior is very good cond no rips or tears. They Had sheep skin seat covers on them most of its life until I got it. Seats are really nice cond. Also has the snap on parade boot for when the top if down. Top works good. Needs a good detail!! It had been sitten in a garage for the last 10 years before I bought it. Fires right up and purrs like a kitten! Clean title in hand. I'm thinking around $9500 NEED IT GOON BEFORE WINTER GETS HERE (washington state) if interested call or text . More pics avail for serious partys

20211107_120335.jpg

20211107_120327.jpg

20211107_120351.jpg

20211107_120300.jpg

20211107_120050.jpg

20211106_143427.jpg

20211106_143404.jpg

20211106_143351.jpg

20211105_161124.jpg

20211105_170533.jpg

20211107_120505.jpg

20211107_120114.jpg

20211107_120111.jpg

20211107_120103.jpg

20211107_120059.jpg

Edited by Kennyg37
Reduced price (see edit history)

Never seen factory buddy seat between bucket seats that had pattern sewn into it, you might want to check if those are covers hogringed over the original upholstery, such as could be bought from J.C. Whitney catalogs.  Besides the upholstery pattern the only other thing that looks possibly added are the side mouldings. Looks to be in great condition, especially for a convertible. The car is too far away (and too green) for me to think about it but any serious buyer is going to ask about those two things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ghostymosty said:

Never seen factory buddy seat between bucket seats that had pattern sewn into it, you might want to check if those are covers hogringed over the original upholstery, such as could be bought from J.C. Whitney catalogs.  Besides the upholstery pattern the only other thing that looks possibly added are the side mouldings. Looks to be in great condition, especially for a convertible. The car is too far away (and too green) for me to think about it but any serious buyer is going to ask about those two things.

I think that's orginal interior, it had sheep skin covers on it when I got it for the last 20+ years but I'm no mopar expert ..

9 hours ago, ghostymosty said:

I agree that the upholstery pattern is incorrect. Also the top of the front seats are missing the federally-mandated head restraints that were in all cars by 1969. It appears the restraints were removed and the seats were covered with something in an incorrect pattern that looks out of place. 

The head restraints were a January 1969 mandate. The earlier cars didn't need to have them but they were optional if you wanted to order them. The build sheet, if it can be found, would answer many questions and enhance the car in buyer's minds. Good places to check for a build sheet are in the bucket seat back springs behind the outer covers, in the springs of the seat cushions or behind the glovebox insert. The upholstery pattern could be checked for availability by researching sales brochures. Just looking at the closeups of the body lines shows nice, even creases, a very good indicator of a solid body on this one that could be verified by an in person inspection. A photo of the way the trailer hitch is attached would be a good idea as well as photos of the underside. The pentastar added to the driver side fender could have been from way back, quite a few people added them because they didn't like having it on the passenger side only. Again, this seems to be a really great shape, honestly well kept car. 

• Like 2

• Kennyg37 changed the title to FS: Reduced! 1969 chrysler newport convertible 78k orginal miles 2nd owner