Pictures of my car I got last year

Hello  Keiser31.  we have talked within this forum.  I still need to learn how to transfer pictures.  However, if you take a look on the web  "Used 1936 Desoto Airstream for sale Orange City, Fl"  this is the car which has the split windshield we talked about.  I was able to get this car at estate sale about 1 1/2 years ago.  My son and I have been working on.  I am close to getting able to place pictures of the work that we have been doing.  Question please.  we have replaced freeze plugs, and yesterday I put water in block and I have a leak around two freeze plugs.  Any idea why.  I ordered on line for a set.  The only one that did not seem to fit was the small one on back end of engine.  Got it at O reily.  The two leaking are on the left side of engine.  Just wondering if I did not press them in far enough.  any ideas?  I know you said you had a couple of these.  Thanks for your time.

14 hours ago, Bob Headrick said:

Hello  Keiser31.  we have talked within this forum.  I still need to learn how to transfer pictures.  However, if you take a look on the web  "Used 1936 Desoto Airstream for sale Orange City, Fl"  this is the car which has the split windshield we talked about.  I was able to get this car at estate sale about 1 1/2 years ago.  My son and I have been working on.  I am close to getting able to place pictures of the work that we have been doing.  Question please.  we have replaced freeze plugs, and yesterday I put water in block and I have a leak around two freeze plugs.  Any idea why.  I ordered on line for a set.  The only one that did not seem to fit was the small one on back end of engine.  Got it at O reily.  The two leaking are on the left side of engine.  Just wondering if I did not press them in far enough.  any ideas?  I know you said you had a couple of these.  Thanks for your time.

Did you put any sealant around the plugs prior to installation?

• Like 2

sorry for delay.  car is at sons house.  you were both right.  when I pulled them out i could see sealent bottom but so much top.  replace all but one.  guess what that one leaked later, replaced.  thank you for your help.  i only need to place tie rods on and place fork in bell housing, then it time to clean the car body.  again to you and JFranklin, who agreed with you.  i see you are in oregon, have you been getting a lot of rain like washington?  hope everything good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Headrick said:

sorry for delay.  car is at sons house.  you were both right.  when I pulled them out i could see sealent bottom but so much top.  replace all but one.  guess what that one leaked later, replaced.  thank you for your help.  i only need to place tie rods on and place fork in bell housing, then it time to clean the car body.  again to you and JFranklin, who agreed with you.  i see you are in oregon, have you been getting a lot of rain like washington?  hope everything good.

Lots of rain lately and well needed. Sunny today.