What is the muffler for?

onebigrichard99

I'm cleaning out the barn on my property that been in my family for well over 100 years. I've found all kinds of cool stuff. Some I know, some I can guess, but this has been one of those that google don't even know! We've had 1000s if different cars, trucks, tractors, motorcycles, and anything else with a motor come along in the may years my family has lived here. So when I uncovered this "new" old muffler I had no clue what it was purchased for. It was still in it's box but it was trashed and the lable was gone. But the muffler itself is like brand new. There's no Hallmark or company name stamp anywhere on the muffler but there are some numbers and a few letters along with the word inlet on one side. I'm including a few pictures so hopefully that will help but if anyone has a clue and needs more pictures please feel free to let me know. I appreciate anyone's help that can help me solve this mystery. Thank you very much

1636278190357288002916497227725.jpg

16362782143522827050358662199623.jpg

16362782257662960939929030858688.jpg

16362782435618553202964728302249.jpg

Measurements is the best clue, if you posted that/them  here in your first inquiry you probably would have had people who had books listing these doing some research for you.

I see you have just joined us here on the forums, WELCOME, always make a point of giving as much information as possible, when asking advice or even when giving advice.

You mentioned the box it came in. Was the manufacturer's name on the box? Anything at all?

"6CO" is probably mfgr's number. 

"86105156" (if I'm reading it right) should be the vehicle part number, but that many digits ( 8 ) is uncommon.

Can't find in my books for now.

Everyone thank you. This is the first time I've ever done something like this because its not often Im completely stumped. But with this is was. I'm gonna have to agree with us Ben Bruce on this one because that seems like the most logical choice considering where I found it and the many large grain trucks and other trucks we had over the years. I appreciate everyone's input and look forward to participating in some of these threads myself. Thank you!!