Just When You Think...

...it can't get any kookier, who walks into my bar again, after 4 or 5 long years?

Jack M!

Bringing his beautiful Pierce down to SoCal for a little attention!

Gotta tell you all, he is the funnest and funniest guy on this forum.  The more we drank, talked and laughed, the taller and handsomer and smarter we both became. 

If any of you find yourselves in the California desert please do the same and drop in here!

We can bench race all night long!

Cheers, Greg

Sounds like you two may need to get a room... 😳

All kidding aside, I was in La Quinta (near Palm Springs ) about a week and half ago, delivering the car I showed an interior shot/still image of on a thread about taking videos while driving. I was riding shotgun with the transporter so didn't time for any social visits. 

Wife and I usually spend couple of days around New Year in the area for close by access for our annual visit to welcome the New Year at sunrise in Joshua Tree Nat'l Park.

Last year we (mostly me) went through a bottle of Herradura Reposado, one Champagne and one Pinot Noir in just couple of nights.

I also end up there few times a year during some of my Sunday drives up on San Jacinto mountains.

And if I get a chance to stop by, I'll be happy to help with any Macallan 18* (or anything similar) you have collecting dust. 😉

* Finished what little was left in a bottle last night, but fortunately had some 12 y.o. (+ other brands/varietals) and therefor able to avert a drinking problem. 😥

13 hours ago, GregLaR said:

...The more we drank, talked and laughed, the taller and handsomer and smarter we both became...

And the girls all get prettier too.  😉

My cocktail of choice is bourbon on the rocks but I'll drink most anything with alcohol in it.  Never made it to California - always wanted to go but sadly advancing age and infirmity probably precludes that now.

I have driven so many of Califunny's highways and back roads, seen towns and mountain tops few have ever been to. But I have never been to Palm Springs. Been to Barstow, driven most of the freeways in Los Angeles. Visited Grauman's Chinese Theatre, even flew in one of the 1939 seaplanes to Catalina Island! (That list could go on for a full page!) But never been to Palm Springs. 

If I go down that way again, I would love to find your place and visit for awhile! 

Drove through Palm Springs on one of the Great American Races.  I don't think we even stopped.  My impression was, what a lot of water can to to the desert.  Very pretty, almost looked fake.   Nest time I hope we can stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Dobbin said:

My impression was, what a lot of water can to to the desert. 

Desert cities with golf courses and fountains are just monuments to man's arrogance.  :lol: