Weyman Bodied L29

My sister recently digitized some old Family photos. There some from the ACD Reunion. This Picture is from the 1965 meet. I'm sure this beautiful L29 still exists, but hoping someone might be able to add some current content/info.

I absolutely LOVE these wheelcovers!!

-Enjoy

L29 custom ACD 1965.JPG

Edited by Andy_V12
spacing (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy_V12 said:

My sister recently digitized some old Family photos. There some from the ACD Reunion. This Picture is from the 1965 meet. I'm sure this beautiful L29 still exists, but hoping someone might be able to add some current content/info.

I absolutely LOVE these wheelcovers!!

-Enjoy

When West and I were discussing this car a few years ago and where it went I believe the middle east to dark hole collection was the answer.

1929-L29-Weymann-Coupe.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That L29 Weymann coupe may be the one that Herbert Lozier of Brooklyn,NY then Huntington, NY owned back in the early 1950s. I have b & w photos of it then. He had taken off the pilot ray light ( single) that was on the front of it and put it in the garage of his house and I bought it from him when I bought his photograph collection ( hundreds of US and European cars taken pre war at Auto salons in Europe) . Herb was the author of books on scratch built model cars, I have one od the models he built that is quite large of a 1925 Packard touring car - done in the early 1950s even a detailed engine, folding top etc. Someplace here I have the photos of the L29 when he owned it . He also owned a 1934 Packard super 8 conv coupe at the same time or nearly the same time as the Cord 60+ years ago.

Here is one photo of the Cord in Brooklyn  nearly 70 years ago. I have others just need the time to find them . A good number of photos of Duesenberg, and Cord L29 at the European salons in Paris and possibly London . Interesting where Herb Lozier got the photographs from ( 5 x 7 prints) all were done by a professional photographer paid by a large American car manufacturer so the designers here could see what was the latest in car innovations and styling in Europe at the time.

WeymannCORDbackUNREST002.jpg

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

That L29 Weymann coupe may be the one that Herbert Lozier of Brooklyn,NY then Huntington, NY owned back in the early 1950s. I have b & w photos of it then. He had taken off the pilot ray light ( single) that was on the front of it and put it in the garage of his house and I bought it from him when I bought his photograph collection ( hundreds of US and European cars taken pre war at Auto salons in Europe) . Herb was the author of books on scratch built model cars, I have one od the models he built that is quite large of a 1925 Packard touring car - done in the early 1950s even a detailed engine, folding top etc. Someplace here I have the photos of the L29 when he owned it . He also owned a 1934 Packard super 8 conv coupe at the same time or nearly the same time as the Cord 60+ years ago.

Here is one photo of the Cord in Brooklyn  nearly 70 years ago. I have others just need the time to find them . A good number of photos of Duesenberg, and Cord L29 at the European salons in Paris and possibly London . Interesting where Herb Lozier got the photographs from ( 5 x 7 prints) all were done by a professional photographer paid by a large American car manufacturer so the designers here could see what was the latest in car innovations and styling in Europe at the time.

WeymannCORDbackUNREST002.jpg

Yes it was Walt. You posted some of your pictures to the period images thread I believe.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, alsancle said:

When West and I were discussing this car a few years ago and where it went I believe the middle east to dark hole collection was the answer.

1929-L29-Weymann-Coupe.gif

King of Morocco if I’m not mistaken.