1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible W-73 4-Speed Vacuum Operated Exhaust (VOE)

Talk about made of unobtainium.   This allegedly is a VOE car.  If you don't know what that is search the forum.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-pontiac-gto-convertible-4-speed-voe-option/

This 1970 Pontiac GTO convertible is finished in red with a matching interior and powered by a 400ci V8 paired with a four-speed manual transmission and 3.55:1 Safe-T-Track rear axle. The car is said to be one of 21 convertible examples equipped with the Vacuum Operated Exhaust (VOE) option which consisted of vacuum-operated diaphragms controlled via a pull switch on the dashboard that enabled the mufflers to be bypassed. Features include a white power-operated soft top, an Endura front bumper, dual hood scoops, a rear spoiler, power windows, power steering, power-assisted front disc brakes, a hood-mounted tachometer, a heavy-duty frame, a Formula leather steering wheel, a Hurst shifter, and a push-button AM/FM radio with an 8-track player. The car was acquired by the selling dealer in August 2021. This GTO is offered with PHS documentation, an original build sheet, service records, and transferrable New York registration.

16352970565c6e93e74dfullsizeoutput_1a958

1970_pontiac_gto_convertible_4_speed_voe

• Thanks 1

Wow; this thing is fantastic.

I love the VOE mufflers. Currently have them on my 68 GTO.

I can't imagine what this car will go for.

Already bid over $60k, 2 hours into the auction.

Drop the rear end about 3" (back where it belongs) and done.

• Like 1

I'll trade 2 trans ams, throw in a motorcycle or two and possibly my wife for that car!

Beautiful.  Agree the rear seems a tad bit high, may just not have settled into its new shoes yet. I like the cut out option but would take the originality of it with a grain of salt. Unless its on the PHS it didnt happen. I would not be surprised to see this one hit 100k, and rightfully so.

35 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I'll trade 2 trans ams, throw in a motorcycle or two and possibly my wife for that car!

Beautiful.  Agree the rear seems a tad bit high, may just not have settled into its new shoes yet. I like the cut out option but would take the originality of it with a grain of salt. Unless its on the PHS it didnt happen. I would not be surprised to see this one hit 100k, and rightfully so.

It is documented on the build sheet from under the rug and in the PHS documentation.

I expect 75-100k.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, alsancle said:

It is documented on the build sheet from under the rug and in the PHS documentation.

I expect 75-100k.

I think it might go over $100k.

Lots of strong Pontiac bids on BaT lately.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...