Amelia Island Concours 2021

1937hd45

Time for fun informational discussion, how about advice for a first timer planning to go to Amelia Island? Stories from past years, photos, tips, things to do before the event. Is it a week long event like Pebble Beach? It is a bucket list item, and 16 hour drive I should check off. Bob 

Must do.......stop by the bar at the Ritz, and buy me Crown Royal shots till your bankrupt. 

Amelia is always a great time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s a great time with beautiful cars and good people. Yes it should be on your bucket list. One thing, if you see Ed it’s cheaper to just buy the bottle and skip the bar. 
dave s 

ps if you do run into Ed, he’s a wealth of knowledge and fun to talk to if you can get thru his crowd of adoring  fans. 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Word is, you have to be staying at the Ritz in order to even walk in the door.

Just mention my name..........they won't let you in, but you can start my tab with your credit card. 😉

Actually that's not fair.........it was covid that caused them to keep people out this year, it's all back to normal next March.

2 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Is it half or a quarter of the size of Pebble Beach on Sunday? 

It's Amelia........Pebble is a different animal........apples and oranges. Both are fantastic, try it and you will like it. Give me a ring, and I will show you around. Ed

Are you going to show a car or just attend?  Either way it is a great experience and staying at the Ritz is an experience as well!  No problem getting into the Ritz, very crowded usually, some interesting venders, take your credit card.  Recommend staying off site, lots of VRBO around but the price goes way up that weekend. 

Only time I attended Amelia (& showed a clients car I had spent 5+ years restoring) was nearly 15 years ago.
Things might’ve changed since, but at the time it wasn’t much more than a single day event + 1 or 2 auction venues, when comparatively “Monterey Car Week”  is 10-day complication of multiple events and some days do feature several overlapping each other. 
So yes, “apples and oranges”.

I’m glad I went, but unlike Monterey, no future plans to attend again. 

• Like 1

Amelia is much more today than 15 or 20 years ago........I don't do everything, but there is enough to keep you busy from Wednesday to Sunday. 

• Like 1

If you like race cars you will love Amelia!  Of course, that is if the formula does not change.  With Hagerty's management of the concours now they may decide to do things differently.  It is a great venue, you get to look at the RM cars during the week as well on property.  Other auctions in the vicinity.  Stay in Jacksonville and commute 30-40 minutes and hotels can be inexpensive.

• Like 2

• West Peterson changed the title to Amelia Island Concours 2021