Model 48 Locomobile

Mike Martin

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, edinmass said:

Ok...thats an appraisal from someone who's working with information provided to them for an appraisal. Not a basis of fact, but history or lore passed down with a car...oftentimes correct, sometimes not. I bet ten to one it was the first time the guy ever laid eyes on a Loco. Let's be open and honest here........Kellner body experts do not exist. Maybe 50 years ago there were some kicking around Paris. Fact is a 48 Loco is a very rare bird.......enough so that it makes even "experts in the field" make mistakes and learn new things every day. Currently I have an early car with a custom body that we think we have identified but can't be 100 percent sure. Thanks for having the courage to post the info.......... I commend you for that. It's still a great car regardless of anyones opinion to who built the body.

Been thinking about Kellner body question. Samuel Davis recruited J.Frank deCausse in 1914 from Kellner to head the new Locomobile custom body dept. Perhaps this connection lead to the Kellner attribution. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George K said:

Been thinking about Kellner body question. Samuel Davis recruited J.Frank deCausse in 1914 from Kellner to head the new Locomobile custom body dept. Perhaps this connection lead to the Kellner attribution. 

That’s a very reasonable explanation.

15 hours ago, alsfarms said:

Hello Mike, Do you have any new news regarding this Locomobile Town car.

Al

I have little to report. Dr Bill is 91 as I have said and is in a bit of a health decline. How to go forward is the question. 

I think that we just need to say that Dr Bill will sell the Model 48 and that the asking price is $50000. He has a clear Mississippi Title. Anyone with questions could call me at 601-906-1196 or email me at mikeamartin02349@gmail.com. I have a classic car restoration shop that can be Googled at Classic Restorations, LLC (Ridgeland, Ms) and I have a Facebook page with that same name. We are pretty active in the classic car hobby. 

Thanks

Mike Martin 

• Like 1

Best wishes for the good doctor, and best of luck with the sale. Thanks for sharing the car and it's story.......... and a perfect ending is a sale and restoration. 👍

• Like 2