November, 1937 - Staten Island - what's parked along the curb?

SIRAACA_Editor

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Here is a cropped view, appears as if the radiator was covered with a blanket.  The headlight tie-bar has a rectangular emblem which suggest Cadillac or LaSalle.  I'd opine the latter, a 1929 Fisher-bodied sedan.

Staten Island - November 1937 -cropped.jpg

I like the idea of it being a LaSalle, but have a question - wouldn't it have fender mounted lights instead of cowl lights?

23 minutes ago, SIRAACA_Editor said:

I like the idea of it being a LaSalle, but have a question - wouldn't it have fender mounted lights instead of cowl lights?

True, 1929 would have fender mounted lights but 1927-'28 have cowl lights.  Buicks had a square emblem on the headlight tie-bar too but its too indistinct to be sure.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, Walt G said:

Great photograph but on my screen the next car is about the size of a small postage stamp and the following even smaller - is this also an eye exam to test our ability to see? 🤩

I like the houses the cars are all parked in front of.  Beautiful, opulent architecture giving each house individual character.  

I hope the neighborhood those homes are in stayed nice, or the land values didn't escalate so high they got torn down for overpriced condos.

Craig

• Like 1

Double bar bumpers, TWO headlight tie bars (one with the V-8 emblems and one supporting the license plate), visor (transparent) over windshield, and cowl lights. 

1928 Cadillac 341A

Edit: looks like its missing the running board tool boxes and a tie bar from the bumper. 

New guess 1928 La Salle 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)