Bringing a new collector into the fold. Meet Joe and his 29 Ford Roadster Pickup.

Dandy Dave

Made a trip to Chatham, Mass on Friday and brought home a 1929 Ford Model A Roadster pickup. I've known Joe for quite a while and he told me he has always had a hankering for a Model A Ford ever since he was a youngster. Well he pulled the trigger and landed one. The trip went well and it is now at home in his garage. He did well. This is a great beginner vehicle for entry to the hobby. My advice was for him to Join AACA and one of the Model A clubs of his choice. Dandy Dave!   

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

• Like 8

I looked it over, brought a battery along, cleaned the points and the carburetor. Checked some fluid levels. A little adjusting and fussing and I started it and drove it in the trailer. Say Hello to Joe.

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, Grimy said:

Joe's lady's stance with arms akimbo is often NOT a good omen...  Hope I'm wrong about that!  🙂

Yes. Your wrong. His wife and daughter are both thrilled with the newest family member to the fleet.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 1937hd45 said:

Very nice, looks like a correct restoration that has aged well. Type of truck you could make a dump run in or bring home some firewood. 

Bob 

Yup. Just what Joe wanted. A real good runner driver Bob. A little TLC and she will be out and about. Dandy Dave!

• Like 1

Excellent!! 

Joe should join Fordbarn as well, and pick up the Les Andrews books as soon as possible and the Snyder's, Bratton's catalogs, and...

He has a few weeks to enjoy before its really cold for unheated, open old Fords!

👍😉😁

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

Yes. Your wrong. His wife and daughter are both thrilled with the newest family member to the fleet.

Looks like the family dog is thrilled as well, thinking of marking territory on the front wheel.  🤣

IMG_3289.JPG.f8866d52cf1287232ab13a84b22

Nice little truck - I had a closed cab at one time but always wanted a roadster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grimy said:

Joe's lady's stance with arms akimbo is often NOT a good omen...  Hope I'm wrong about that!  🙂

It looks to me that she is about ready to get to work in the car and give Joe a hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, erichill said:

Model A's are a great way into this hobby. Inexpensive, simple to work on, an abundance of new and used parts and technical help galore!  Hope he drives the heck out of it.

He plans to. 

• Like 1