For Sale: 1922 Hudson Super Six Coupe - $8,500 - Syracuse, NY - Project - Not Mine

For Sale: 1922 Hudson Super Six Coupe - $8,500 - Syracuse, NY - Project 

1922 Hudson Super Six Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Barn Find Hudson coupe! Rare body style! First affordable steel body coupe! Runs, drives, stops. Fires right up and runs nice. It’s running from an auxiliary tank, and needs plenty of TLC, but it’s got great bones for a project. These cars were incredibly fast for their day, Hudson Super Six’s broke and held numerous stock car records for years- and were favored by bootleggers, robbers and the like. Car is registered and insured in my name. $8500 OBO.  odometer: 33821

Copy and paste in your email:  536a8146d18d3fceac86e93cd162211f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1922 Hudson Super Six Coupe - Project 

'22 Hudson Super Six NY a.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY b.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY c.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY d.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY e.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY f.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY g.jpg

'22 Hudson Super Six NY h.jpg

• Like 1

It kind of looks like a British phone booth on wheels, but I like the style. Looks like a two stroke expansion chamber for a muffler.  I could never figure out why people dont clean out their accumulated trash before they post pictures. It could be that the whole history of the car and a bunch of spare parts are in there, but from a buyer's perspective, it looks like a rat's nest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horrible picks as usual. Price is very out of touch with reality. I’d buy it for 2500 if it was close and the wood was ok. It’s Likely not. It’s a very big car. That roof is over 7’ tall. Any one notice the aluminum V12 block sitting on a heap just above the headlight???

I am thinking that if someone has a rough Hudson touring this would be a great step towards a decent car,. That closed body does the rest of the car no favors. Get it down to say $5000.00 and there would be posibilities. I like super 6's a lot.

I like the body on this Hudson! I have seen a few pictures of similar Hudsons before. Sort of an ugly duckling, but beautiful in their odd way.

But I passed the point of I really cannot take on anything that needs that much work before I can start driving it the way I want to. This is another case of "I am glad it is too far away!"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

Where dose the spare tire go?

The spares go on the running board at the cowl. Notice the footman loops on the right front fender. They hold the leather straps. There is a bracket mounted on the cowl that secures the top of the spare. Zeke