Reamer tool

knobless

Remember, you need a self aligning reamer. If you purchase a standard reamer and do one bushing at a time you will never get the top and bottom bushings aligned in the same orientation. They are a bit pricey so you might be better off sending your spindles to a machine shop.

Last time I replaced king pins and bushings I took the axle to an automotive machine shop, they pressed out the old pins, installed and honed the bushings and put the whole thing back together. I think they charged $10 or $20, it was a long time ago. I wouldn't mess around, I would take off the axle, clean it up and let the machine shop do the job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

Remember, you need a self aligning reamer. If you purchase a standard reamer and do one bushing at a time you will never get the top and bottom bushings aligned in the same orientation. They are a bit pricey so you might be better off sending your spindles to a machine shop.

Yes, looking for that type,,,,Thanks

Do an ebay search for Critchley Pilot Reamers...an adjustable reamer with a long pilot. Warning though...they have to be sharp and they are fussy to use. You must be very careful to not make the bore too large.

Not long ago Frank (F&J) posted some information on his using them. It might be a good idea to look that thread up - its got photos of what you need.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)
  • Like 1