Delco combination switch- parts search

SteffenHeil

Hi guys,

The combination switch on my 27 Standard got some trouble to provide good contact on the ignition switch. 

The issue is here,  that the movable contact part (not the fixed plate) is worn and partly broken on one contact area.

This seems to be very difficult fixable..

Is there someone who got a spare switch, where I can get this small part from ?

Bob does not sell them and I did not find any other vendor..

Thanks,

Steffen

Thanks for the pictures.

yes, I am talking about the switch contact for the ignition switch. 
Here the middle contact is bad and broken.

The insulator is not great,too- but here I think I could fabricate some replacement.

During disassembly, I lost the small ball somewhere actually, but I think, I will find it somewhere.. my switch does not get out of the dashboard and it’s very tricky to get the parts installed in this position behind the dash…

Its a bit strange, that the Switch contact got 3 arms…  in general you only need 2 arms, as they are just closing one common contact.

Many thanks again,

Steffen

They show up from time to time on ebay,  There was a couple of them on ebay a month or so ago.  You have to watch every day because they go fast.

If you are unable to remove switch assembly from the dashboard, the casting has swelled and the outside diameter is now larger than dashboard hole.  In below photo, the center casting walls taper out from swelling.   The metal alloy used to make this casting breaks down over time and exposure to moisture.   Usually both handles get stuck as a result of this swelling and have to be drilled out and replaced. 

swollen casting.jpg

6 hours ago, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

If you are unable to remove switch assembly from the dashboard, the casting has swelled and the outside diameter is now larger than dashboard hole.  In below photo, the center casting walls taper out from swelling.   The metal alloy used to make this casting breaks down over time and exposure to moisture.   Usually both handles get stuck as a result of this swelling and have to be drilled out and replaced. 

swollen casting.jpg

Yes.. i know about the swelling.

Basically I don’t need to remove the switch at this point, otherwise it works fine and I assume, the levers have already been replaced at some point.

Thanks again,

Steffen

Yes… this looks correct. 
is the right finger still ok (difficult to see on the picture, if it’s ok or broken..)?

i would like to get the 3- finger contact together with the parts mounted below (isolator, screw, washers and the ball, that is located underneath and that is pushed by the spring).

these parts are so small, that they should fit in a tiny box and into a padded envelope..

let me know..

many many thanks for your efforts, Brian !

Steffen