For Sale: 1941 Chrysler Crown Imperial Special Town Sedan Limo C-30 - $4,500 - Novato, CA - Project - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Chrysler Crown Imperial Special Town Sedan Limo C-30 - $4,500 - Novato, CA  - Project 

Extremely Rare 1941 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo - cars & trucks -... (craigslist.org)

Extremely Rare 1941 Chrysler Crown Imperial Limo. Straight Eight in line Engine. They only made 147 of these cars. It's been stored for years in a barn in Petaluma. ALL the pieces are there, right down to the hood and trunk emblems. (One front fender aluminum trim piece missing.) Although not pictured, the original 6 volt radio is included. Excellent candidate for hot rod or restoring back to original. I have a couple of bumper guards that have been re-chromed and enough new Mohair fabric to do the entire car. Brand new uninstalled muffler is included as well. 6 volt system. Very first car in America to introduce power windows. Privacy chauffeur glass power window separator cleverly hidden in the front seat back. I have a replacement chrome grille bar that is broken; lower left of picture. Some surface rust. Solid car though, very minimal rust overall. $4,500. Cash or CC.  Car is located in Novato.
Contact:  Call, text or email Ross. (415) 8-two-8-one-5-3-zero
Copy and paste in your email:   0a7c1f1ea8f23fa0823fdc0e36039ee6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1941 Chrysler Crown Imperial Special Town Sedan Limo C-30 - Project. 

Note: The Crown Imperial Special Town Sedan C-30 was a one-year-only model, priced at $1760, 894 were built.  And unspecified number were fitted with partition windows.  Last two photos for reference, not this car.

The Standard Catalogue states: "There was one new hybrid in the 1941 Imperial line. Called the Special town sedan, it used the New Yorker chassis, but had a Crown Imperial nameplate.  New Crown Imperial features included Laidlaw interior fabrics, safety rim wheels, Double Eagle tires and optional, hydroelectric power windows.  The master control unit for the power windows was mounted on top of the instrument panel"..."Fluid Drive was among the Crown Imperial's standard equipment."

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA a.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA b.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA c.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA d.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA e.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA f.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA g.jpg

'41 Chrysler Crown Imperial CA h.jpg

'41 Chryslers were very nice looking cars, but there seems to be a real aversion to big projects among even accomplished car guys nowadays. I would like to see the powered chauffeur window, though. Yeah, hot rodding would definitely not enhance the beauty of this car.

This is a very rare and highly desirable car.  However, it needs tons of work and many of the parts are going to be very hard or impossible to find.  Like the dash plastic, for starters.  Even with the seemingly low price, I fear this would be a "money pit" project.  I had a friend back in the 90's who had one of these that he wanted to restore because his father had one when he was a kid.  It was in much better shape than this one, but he was never able to get it done.  For one thing, he could never get the power windows to work, despite investing many hours and many dollars.  Anyone tempted by this should be very careful about what he's getting into!

• Thanks 1