For Sale:  1921 Oldsmobile 43A Touring - $12,500 - Chester, NJ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1921 Oldsmobile 43A Touring - $12,500 - Chester, NJ

1921 Oldsmobile 43a - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

1921 Oldsmobile model 43A, 4 cylinder overhead valve engine, 3 speed manual transmission, Still has vacuum tank fuel pump working perfectly.  Paint and interior are presentable but far from show quality. Leather is very dry and has a few holes from mice over the years. Paint has chips and is worn thin in places.  Registered insured runs and drives.  100 years old!!!   This it the model car the Beverly hillbillies truck started out of.
Copy and paste in your email:  3ade2a4da16c32f281dd13136e83f17e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1921 Oldsmobile 43A Touring.

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ a.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ b.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ c.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ d.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ e.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ f.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ g.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ h.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ i.jpg

'21 Oldsmobile 43a NJ j.jpg

• Like 3

Buick was a more premium car whereas this car was more of an uplevel to what Chevrolet was offering. The Olds 4 cylinder is a long stroke (5-1/4"), overhead valve 224 cu in "truck" engine and they are strong, run well and are reliable.  The engine will run up to 30mph smoothly and you'll get mild vibration feedback at 35mph.  Once you start trying to push 40mph the engine vibration starts getting fatiguing to the driver. The engine makes 40 hp which is comparable to many of the 6 cylinders of the day. The Model 43A was on the same 115 inch wheelbase as the Model 47 that used the Olds designed 233 cu in aluminum block V8. 

This is not the "Beverly Hillbillies" model.  That was the Olds Model 46 which was a 122 inch wheelbase car that had the Northway designed cast iron block V8 with 246 cu in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1