1925 Buick pickup

Doug Bowers

https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/d/newberg-1925-buick-pick-up/7393870914.html

From the ad:

I promise you, you will never see another one. Almost 100 years old. Needs complete restoration. But it's solid (framewise), and it's incredibly rare. Never an official production run in 25, but it is indeed a 1925 Buick Pick up... I have title in hand. 

Original drive train is there... the total number I was told were produced was 46...  

I have no way to figure out pricing so I'm asking $2000 obo (lower or higher)

It is a Hybrid with a Master Back axle and a Standard front end.  Back axle is the least of your worries.  It is held in place with a chain.

image.png.2b215887ac004e1ff4593b465f5010ba.pngimage.png.3ee71eae69a0d6cedb4eb8aca43f0d24.pngimage.png.0083158b830e07c32d84ed9acb827afc.pngimage.png.0645ad15874c3e8abb82c13f5c74ebb7.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

Putting Master rear axles in the standard cars was common. The master was much sturdier. My dad did that on his 27.

I would have to really think that swap thru.  Yes the Master rear axles are stronger, but the demountable rim and the wheel felloe are each 1/2" wider on the Master (4 1/2") than on a Standard (4").  So your spare only fits the fronts or the back wheels, or the spare carrier for that matter.  Unless he changed the front wheels as well, but the brake drums are 2" larger diameter on the Master.  I had some of the 1/2" wider Master rims that came with my 1925 Buick Standard, and they do not fit on the standard felloes.       Hugh

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hubert_25-25 said:

I would have to really think that swap thru.  Yes the Master rear axles are stronger, but the demountable rim and the wheel felloe are each 1/2" wider on the Master (4 1/2") than on a Standard (4").  So your spare only fits the fronts or the back wheels, or the spare carrier for that matter.  Unless he changed the front wheels as well, but the brake drums are 2" larger diameter on the Master.  I had some of the 1/2" wider Master rims that came with my 1925 Buick Standard, and they do not fit on the standard felloes.       Hugh

As far as I remember he used the narrow rims all around.  I still have the car in my junk pile. . I can look. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

I think it would make for a good parts car for my 1924 Master Buick Cut-Down pickup. 

Mine is done and for sale for only $12,500 with all the original tools, spare head, etc.

24 PU Canoe 3.jpg

24 PU Tools.jpg

Mark,

I'd love to have yours-

If only I had the garage space to properly keep and maintain it !

... and didn't your daughter (?) already claim the canoe?

I want that, too !