1930 Model A Battery

FJD2004

• 3 weeks later...

My best one is marked "Pacific Power Batteries", and I am also near the west coast, though I think there are a lot of labels and very few manufacturers of batteries. If I were buying one today, I would spring for the Optima. You would have to deal with the weird shape, but there's no acid mess!

Whatever battery you get, put a maintainer on it. It can't be overstated how easy it is to kill a 6 volt battery. Any stories of long life are coming from people who either use maintainers, drive the car daily year round, or who are meticulous about charging the battery before it is allowed to get very low.

• 3 weeks later...

Any auto parts store I've tried has the group 0  6 volt in stock.    The key to long life of any battery where you don't drive the car every day is a trickle charger.  I use the Battery Tender brand, and the batteries in my Model As are more than 10 years old with no sign of dying.  That being said,  batteries today don't give you much warning when they're about to die.  Years ago, they'd go slowly.  Now, one day they're good as new, the next day they're dead.