For Sale:1934 Buick Series 47 Sedan - $5,700 - Haverhill Corner, NH - Project - Not Mine

For Sale:1934 Buick Series 47 Sedan - $5,700 - Haverhill Corner, NH - Project

1934 Buick Series 47 Sedan - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1934 Buick Sedan, Series 47, four-door sedan, all original car including paint and interior. This is a project car that is almost there. The Straight 8 engine was rebuilt and installed in car but not finished. New bearings, rings, pistons, timing chain and gears, valve job, completely redone, but accessory components not installed. The engine is TIGHT and won’t turn with the starter, but will turn by hand on the ring gear. The oil pan is off for inspection. The engine is not stuck and the cylinders are clean and honed. The bearings will need to be broken in or they may be the wrong size. All parts present including nuts and bolts. Re-cored radiator, all the gaskets. Steel body and all the wood is rock solid with one tiny spot of corrosion on the driver’s side lower rear fender. The paint and interior are original, and useable, but show significant signs of wear and tear. It’s remarkable that it exists untouched after 87 years. Chrome is all there and presentable as is, with some pitting on the bumpers. The fabric roof panel is not perfect, but doesn't leak. Tires are good with wide-white walls and it rolls and stops well. Three speed transmission and clutch is good, may be new. Was last on the road in 2008 and stored since. Sold with owner’s manual and original shop manual. Sold with bill of sale and previous registration from Vermont and current registration from New Hampshire. No time to finish the project. Own a pre-war Buick for less than the cost of a Model A. $5,700 or best offer.   odometer: 97000

Copy and paste in your email:  633c134f7793324da3ac26a086cce4b0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this1934 Buick Series 47 Sedan - Project

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH a.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH b.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH c.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH d.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH e.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH f.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH g.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH h.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH i.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH j.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH k.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH l.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH m.jpg

'34 Buick Series 47 Sedan NH n.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Buick35 said:

Sounds like a good deal except for the tight engine.I have a 35 41 series trunk sedan. It should have babbit bearings and not inserts.I hope it doesn't get street rodded.

Engine issues…reasonable price…I’d say the table is set.

I am not a Buick owner but on a positive these prewar Buicks seem to have a big following and I would imagine a good support network for parts and knowledge.

Great looking car hope it gets put back on the road in stock condition and enjoyed by someone!

Ad has been removed, must have sold fast.  I wish I saw it before as I have a complete remachined 34 series 40 engine with many new parts like new pistons, new rebabbitted rods, new insert main bearings, etc, not assembled for $300. here in eastern Connecticut.  I also have the trans, bell, etc

Edited by F&J (see edit history)
  • Like 2