For Sale 1934 Chrysler R.S. Coupe

SOLD!  SOLD! SOLD!

1934 Chrysler CA Rumble seat coupe

Very rare 117”wheel base rumble seat coupe only 1875 were produced in 1934. This is an unmolested original survivor that has been off the road and stored in a carport under a tarp since the late 80’s. Kinda like a barn find but a carport find. Overall the car is in great restorable condition and is 99% there. I have taken quite a few photos showing the condition of the car. This car is a project that needs complete restoration. But the sheet metal is straight with very few issues. There are side mount covers, maintenance manual, sales brochure and some other misc literature that goes with the car. Clear title

It is not running or driving

There is surface rust on the sheet metal

Rocker areas front and rear both sides will need patching, there is rot there.

Window frames have surface rust and will need refinishing & re chroming

Rumble seat springs bottom & back are missing

Bottom of the grill shell on the passenger side will need a bit of straightening

At the belt line on the passenger door there are some dings or small dents.

Car is located in Northern California and is the buyers responsibility to ship the car. Being sold as-is where is. I am listing this for a friend, the car is in my possession for anyone who wishes to inspect it.

$18,500.00

Private message me for more pictures and any details, or call my cell at seven zero seven, 8 eight 8, five 0 one two. If I don’t answer leave a message and I’ll return your call.

14141977-DEE3-46DF-A0DB-B856E25D48B8.jpeg

FF6F9949-B6AA-41F6-B710-240210F81B9B.jpeg

CC3BEC78-4D2B-41D7-A967-500D6D71547D.jpeg

16299348-EF71-4E20-87FE-DB9079D36C80.jpeg

EBCB04B7-E2BF-4E16-AA81-74771E79BC41.jpeg

EEF485A8-14A9-4696-A1F7-9AAC1AAB7E89.jpeg

Edited by mopar scott
More description (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Oh man. What a beauty! That’ll be a show winner when it’s all done. Heck I’d vote for it for “peoples choice” as it sits right now. 

You just don’t see these very often. I’m smitten. Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 2

Absolutely gorgeous, cannot buy another 34 Mopar or my wife will kill me in my sleep.  Already have 2 Plymouths and 2 Dodges.  Quick request, I will understand if you do not respond.  Could you possibly shoot a photo of the rumble seat gutter around the lid where it drains at the back?  The gutter cannot go all the way back because it needs to clear the lid when it is opened.  Have been looking for a photo of one as original so I can fabricate for my 34 PE convertible (there is a separate topic I have running elsewhere).  There must be some sort of tube or channel to route the water back and out of the body shell.

Further question:  This Chrysler has the only trunk rack installed with the emblem on the bottom, i.e. with the straight edge of the rack at the top.  Every other Mopar rack has the emblem at the top.  Can you tell if that installation is original?

Good luck with the sale, somebody should snap this up, great car.  SMB

Very nice car you have there, I have sent the link to a contact I have over here in England he is ideally looking for a 34 PE Coupe. Hopefully he will come back to you, shame that the spring boxes are missing but I do have them for my PD that he could use as a sample.

Tom

On 10/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, Scott Bonesteel said:

Absolutely gorgeous, cannot buy another 34 Mopar or my wife will kill me in my sleep.  Already have 2 Plymouths and 2 Dodges.  Quick request, I will understand if you do not respond.  Could you possibly shoot a photo of the rumble seat gutter around the lid where it drains at the back?  The gutter cannot go all the way back because it needs to clear the lid when it is opened.  Have been looking for a photo of one as original so I can fabricate for my 34 PE convertible (there is a separate topic I have running elsewhere).  There must be some sort of tube or channel to route the water back and out of the body shell.

Further question:  This Chrysler has the only trunk rack installed with the emblem on the bottom, i.e. with the straight edge of the rack at the top.  Every other Mopar rack has the emblem at the top.  Can you tell if that installation is original?

Good luck with the sale, somebody should snap this up, great car.  SMB

Scott Bonesteel,

I looked very carefully at the the rumble seat. No drains whatsoever. There are some small holes in the sheet metal in the bottom of the car and I think that’s how the relieved the water coming down the lower part of the rumble seat. I took a couple of pictures of the 34 Chrysler. One is of the rumble seat opened up a bit so you can see the holes in the body at the bottom

5BECD37A-EEE9-48FC-8A2C-A9626667F4DE.jpeg

C88D6FF2-06CA-4FC5-B436-E3AD96EA090C.jpeg

Mopar Scott,

I put my neighbor onto this and he tells me that he has (or has tried) to make contact.

It would be cool to have this one in my hood.

If you guys strike a deal I will be coming north with an empty trailer mid November.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, JACK M said:

Mopar Scott,

I put my neighbor onto this and he tells me that he has (or has tried) to make contact.

It would be cool to have this one in my hood.

If you guys strike a deal I will be coming north with an empty trailer mid November.