Reatta Riviera Eldorado Allante similarities help please

tbenvie

I have an 87 Allante that has a great body but everything else is bad-interior, drivetrain, etc. I hate to part it and junk it and was wondering about modifying it. I know the front core support of the Reatta-Riviera-Eldorado is the same. I believe the engine cradle is as well. I remember people would swap the Riviera brake system to a Reatta-could it also be done on the Eldorado-Allante? Have plenty of time to play around with it, so that is not a problem. I remember someone made a rear wheel drive Reatta-any info on what had to be done? Looking for ideas to save the car and be different

Tom.... If the Allante used the parts you mentioned, then it may have also used the rear suspension.    

There may miscellaneous standard parts that are the same but I don't know how or where that info would be available. 

Have you tried Rock Auto?    Look up a part for the Allante... go to the blue part number for that part and click on it....  it will list the vehicles it also fits. 

PS I use your 1991 database all the time.   Wish we had it for other years. 

Tom, have you ever thought about perhaps mounting the body on a rwd chassis? This is a guy I have seen at the Buick GS Nationals for more than a decade and a half. The Corvair is on another GM chassis, maybe an S10, I don't remember exactly. This car looks just as it could have been factory, not cutup or jacked up. That's a Buick 455 in the front bay of the Corvair, it is nice and stealthy, quiet and it runs 10's. The other car, the Fiero, is Ryan from GM Tuners with a Series II 3800 that has been turbocharged, also looks factory. These pics are from 2007.

DSC00096.JPG

DSC00105.JPG

I have thought of this, particularly an XLR chassis as it retains the Northstar. I have seen a few burned candidates but prices are still way up there.  Also thought of something like a front subframe such as the early Camaros.  I just hate the idea of junking a perfectly good Allante body because of all the other issues.

• Thanks 1