1977 Electra limited turn signal switch needed

ted sweet

Have you checked www.acdelco.com for part numbers and applications?  Their part numbers will not always be the same as were in the GM/Buick parts book, though, but cross-over lists do exist.  For best results, only trust valid GM parts sources and number changes thereof, from my experiences.  I suspect the GM parts book would define what the vehicle needs, plus even possibly determine any later part number changes.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Does the '77 have the highbeam switch on the floor like prior cars?  Or as a function of the signal light switch as in the '78?  I saw pics of those two switches online and I can't tell the difference from that.  Looks like both possible switches mentioned each have ten wire leads.  Might be a difference where each lead feeds into the connector.  I would suggest looking at the lead placement at the connector on the car and then comparing to the online pics.   

On 10/13/2021 at 10:36 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Does the '77 have the highbeam switch on the floor like prior cars?  Or as a function of the signal light switch as in the '78?  I saw pics of those two switches online and I can't tell the difference from that.  Looks like both possible switches mentioned each have ten wire leads.  Might be a difference where each lead feeds into the connector.  I would suggest looking at the lead placement at the connector on the car and then comparing to the online pics.   

how big of deal is changing it?

I cant say for sure. Never had to change one. But I think @Pete Phillipsdocumented this regarding his 70 Wildcat.  Yours is a bit different but the plate removal ( between the steering wheel and switch) will be similar. That plate is used on my 92 so I am sure its on your car.  Basically you have to push the plate in to remove the snap ring. Its a heavy spring under there and there is a tool kit just for that function.