WTB Mcfarlan hood ornament

9 hours ago, jcrow said:

Wanted to buy  mid 20's Mcfarlan Hood ornament (Atlas).

Will pay $1000 reward for lead resulting in purchase.

Johnny    925-963-5835

Got a photo of one?

4 hours ago, TheMoneyPit said:

One of my all time largest regrets was not buying one that Bill Williams had for sale in the early 1980’s, but even then it was very expensive for a mascot. I believe his price was $2500 and the Stutz I went home with was under $200!

I wish you luck with finding one!

I looked at that same mascot that Bill Williams had! I had the same reaction - loved it but it was well beyond my reach $ wise. I tried to buy a mascot from Bill each year, mostly at Hershey but sometimes at McCungie , Pa. during that show if he happened to be there.

18 hours ago, Walt G said:

I tried to buy a mascot from Bill each year, mostly at Hershey but sometimes at McCungie , Pa. during that show if he happened to be there.

I was another who tried to buy one at each show I saw Bill’s booth… I think I made several of his mortgage payments over the years!

And that Stutz is still a “top shelf” mascot as you might be able to see…

397DD8C6-AC1A-4A22-8516-7B4599A7A0C8.jpeg

Edited by TheMoneyPit (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Great display, but I couldn't help but notice there is some flat space on top of your cabinet!  Room for more, or another small showcase full.

Terry

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to apologize for the severe thread drift, I shouldn’t have gone so far off topic above.

I have to agree with Johnny about the crispness of the details on the original mascot, looking at the wax pattern above that detail will be severely diminished by comparison. The reproduction would be great for a restoration where the original is unobtainable but there’s going to be many people who can tell it to be new…

• 4 months later...