Dimensions of woods parts

Battaglia

Hello can some body help me. 
I'm rebuilding a Buick sedan serie 67 1934
What are the dimensions between the front pillars at the level of the threshold and the underside of the windscreen
thank you for an answser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 3:38 PM, Robert Engle said:

The  body side panels are mounted to the wood frame.  You can get measurements by measuring panel to panel and subtracting the panel thickness.

Bob Engle

Bob .. do you know of anyone that sells wood kits for the 32 - 67 series? 

I don't know of any wood kits for 32 Buicks.  I made all my parts myself.  The good news on the wood parts is that almost every part has two parallel sides with curvature only on the other two sides.  I removed the wood parts on one sides and used the old wood as patterns.  I made one side and fitted them in place.  I  then set the body back on the frame using the the old wood side to to locate the body on the frame.  I then located the mounting holes on the new wood side. I again removed the body and replaced the wood on the other side.  Body back on the frame and located the  remaining holes.  I was fortunate in that the A and B pillar wood was good except for driver side A pillar.  I cheated and only replaced the lower piece and added additional screws through the metal to hold it in place.  It's a good winter project.

Bob Engle

• Like 1