Hershey AACA Show 2021 - photos

cutlasguy

Matt, I agree with you, I also would like to know how AACA handles obviously modified cars. There were two Continental Mark IIs on the show field, both that seemed to be modified. I wonder what the point deduction is for the ugly fins that were grafted onto the one Mark II?

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird Colonial White

2 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

There were two Continental Mark IIs on the show field, both that seemed to be modified. I wonder what the point deduction is for the ugly fins that were grafted onto the one Mark II?

I wondered what that abomination was... had to have been coachbuilt for a "discerning" buyer.

But the other pictures? Woohoo! Acres and acres of gorgeous COLORS! Even the boring colored white, silver/gray and black cars had enough bright accents that the cars didn't look like a washing machine! Thanks Cutlasguy for posting!

Man. These pictures and Sebastien's pictures from the French shows are enough to give one sensory overload.🤯

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

There were two Continental Mark IIs on the show field, both that seemed to be modified. I wonder what the point deduction is for the ugly fins that were grafted onto the one Mark II?

I don't know how that car was entered into the show.

It was a historical custom, though, done in 1957.

If I'm recalling correctly, a company executive or

some other influential person had it done at the time.

Actually, it looked quite tasteful in person, and was

in the HPOF (original features) class.

14 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

Matt, I agree with you, I also would like to know how AACA handles obviously modified cars. There were two Continental Mark IIs on the show field, both that seemed to be modified. I wonder what the point deduction is for the ugly fins that were grafted onto the one Mark II?

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird Colonial White

There was a black Lincoln pictured in the group.  It was in the HPOF class.  Where the tail fins added?      

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Hershey AACA Show 2021 - photos
On 10/10/2021 at 7:38 PM, Matt Harwood said:

How does the AACA handle obviously modified cars like this Pontiac on the show field? We have this problem at our annual Father's Day show and it never goes well.

DSC06056.JPG.7b407bfbaced12d79d9a628bfb05ee47.JPG

Hi Matt, There was also a Black Gran Sport next to me that I have seen numerous times at AACA Meets that had headers, aftermarket Valve covers clearly marked with the TA logo( a well known aftermarket Buick racing manufacturer), etc. My guess is that sometimes the judges aren't up or knowledgeable about certain cars and things slip by. Last I saw the Black Gran Sport at a few meets it hadn't won a First Junior. This year a photo shows the First Junior grill badge on the car. It slipped by somewhere and he achieved  what he was obviously aiming for. It is a beautiful car, but obviously modified. Maybe there weren't enough deductions this time so he got a First Junior Award? P.S. Just saw he well the car won a Senior Award at Hershey. (Only one going for a Senior Award)

DSC06152.JPG.77b336dc59dc9a65f8bab01b820eb36a.jpg

Edited by philip roitman
P.S. added (see edit history)

5 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Nice photos. Even nicer my car is posted here!   

I agree.  He happened to get my 1984 Buick Electra Park Avenue

in the photo collection, too.  Which car was yours, War Hawk?

And thanks again, Cutlass Guy:

45607482_1984BuickElectra--mineatHershey2021.jpg.1aa736776661c9d970aa353907148a8d.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I agree.  He happened to get my 1984 Buick Electra Park Avenue

in the photo collection, too.  Which car was yours, War Hawk?

And thanks again, Cutlass Guy:

45607482_1984BuickElectra--mineatHershey2021.jpg.1aa736776661c9d970aa353907148a8d.jpg

Nice Buick. Reminds me of my mom's 78 Regal. Mine is the green 60 Electra. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I remember looking at your car and liking it.

That color, and that body style--and any 1960 Buick--

aren't seen very often today.  This is the one you mean,

I figure:

1407482068_1960BuickatHershey2021.jpg.adcf01150d1e657a4a3a889d1c31c8e4.jpg

That the one!  BTW you Buick has the most plush interior Buick has ever installed in a car.  Just one man's opinion. 

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 1

With my youngest son working on his Doctorate in Chemical Engineering at Purdue, he was not able to join me at Hershey. So I thought I’d send him a picture of this stunning Auburn, built not that very far from West Lafayette, IN. It wasn’t until today that I realized I captured it in the process of being judged- and look who was hard at work judging the class!

50948E9A-E12C-4BB7-9EEE-8594FD45327C.jpeg

On 10/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

I don't know how that car was entered into the show.

It was a historical custom, though, done in 1957.

If I'm recalling correctly, a company executive or

some other influential person had it done at the time.

Actually, it looked quite tasteful in person, and was

in the HPOF (original features) class.

245681259_404708671275558_4621433830675699029_n.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...