Hershey, check your credit cards

I just return from Hershey. I don’t use my credit card much but I had to give a credit card to Main Stay Suites when I checked in.. when I checked out, I paid in cash. When I returned home, found that my credit card was suspended and their were $1955.  of fraudulent charges. Just giving every ones heads up to check your statements at end of month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes check your credit cards.  I won't name the hotel but when checking into my room which was paid by credit card points, I was asked for my credit card which is normal 'for incidentals' (or damage).  I put it in the machine then realized something weird, stopped and asked the clerk, yep he was charging my card almost $600 for 3 nights.  No no no!!!  Asked for the Manager who came and voided the transaction, asked for a screen shot from their computer and she made a copy of the printed email for the reservation showing 48k points paid for my room.  She said I could go to our room, no delays and she would take care of it.  Checking out 3 days later I asked for a folio and the clerk was confused.  The manager still didn't resolve the points issue and my room wasn't showing as paid by my credit card (also checked the bank app on my phone, the hold was gone, no charge) but it showed the room was not paid.  I shared that screen shot and explained what occurred.  I didn't have to pay when checking out but will definitely follow up to make sure it is resolved.  Moral of the story - always bring a printed copy of your reservation or at least have it on your phone where all details can be viewed.  

I got a notice that I was able to do an express check in the night before we arrived.  The check-in email that I got said 1 room for 4 persons which was wrong.  I reserved 2 rooms, 4 persons.  Called the hotel and was told to not do the express check in and wait until I arrived. Brought a copy of the email of my reservation confirmation of 2 rooms, 4 persons.  Glad I checked.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, CarFreak said:

Yes check your credit cards.  I won't name the hotel but when checking into my room which was paid by credit card points, I was asked for my credit card which is normal 'for incidentals' (or damage).  I put it in the machine then realized something weird, stopped and asked the clerk, yep he was charging my card almost $600 for 3 nights.  No no no!!!  Asked for the Manager who came and voided the transaction, asked for a screen shot from their computer and she made a copy of the printed email for the reservation showing 48k points paid for my room.  She said I could go to our room, no delays and she would take care of it.  Checking out 3 days later I asked for a folio and the clerk was confused.  The manager still didn't resolve the points issue and my room wasn't showing as paid by my credit card (also checked the bank app on my phone, the hold was gone, no charge) but it showed the room was not paid.  I shared that screen shot and explained what occurred.  I didn't have to pay when checking out but will definitely follow up to make sure it is resolved.  Moral of the story - always bring a printed copy of your reservation or at least have it on your phone where all details can be viewed.  

Wouldn't it be something if the manager comped your room for the inconvenience and confusion!!

On 10/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, Shipping reccomendations said:

I just return from Hershey. I don’t use my credit card much but I had to give a credit card to Main Stay Suites when I checked in.. when I checked out, I paid in cash. When I returned home, found that my credit card was suspended and their were $1955.  of fraudulent charges. Just giving every ones heads up to check your statements at end of month.

Interesting.  I stayed there also, checked in late Friday afternoon.   Prepaid earlier in the week, but also had to give card at check in.  Got a text Fraud Alert from Chase 2 hours later questioning a small charge, replied NO that it wasn't mine, and card was suspended and a new one issued.   Something fishy going on at the front desk ?

11 hours ago, cooterbfd said:

Wouldn't it be something if the manager comped your room for the inconvenience and confusion!!

Nope all good.  I checked with the hotel yesterday and the points payment matter was resolved.