Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing i can say about this web site (dodge) is you get lookers but never any helpers !!!!!!! i have been asking for parts for my dodge and info but never get any help ......have a wasted my time puting a advert here ???????????

i have had other adverts /help wanted on the aaca web site and found people very helpfull (NOT THE DODGE GUYS) come on why not try help each other

Greg, I have asked a contact about the part you are looking for and should have an answer in the next few days.If you are still looking for other bits please give me a ring ,you have my number. Anthony B

Guest leadfoot

Well Greg -

As has been pointed out before when you complained on the AACA portion of this DF, not every request you have for parts is read by someone with the parts you're looking for. I know that I have given you some sources to contact for specific parts in the past. If you look at all these DB posts there is quite a bit of help offered, usually advice and "how to" hints. I hope you have some luck in finding your parts.

thanks chaps but i have a chevy (1927) and a studebaker (1924) and i find the chaps so friendly and helpfull. one thing for sure i wont be buying another dodge !!!!!!!!!!!! Greg

Seven long days and he can't find an 80 year old gas cap. Did you advertise in the magazine? Did you try any of the suppliers who advertise in the magazine? Are you a member of the DB Club? Didn't your mother teach you not to whine?

Guest imported_RAH

Greg,

What's with the panic attack!!! You'd think the world is going to end if you don't get your gas cap in the next few minutes!!! If I had one I'd give you the %^*^&( thing to get you to SHUT UP!!! Take a time out already! Just be glad you are not looking for '26-'27 pot metal parts. More help will be available to anyone who asks nicely.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

thanks to all who have looked but i have not been asking for the last week .....try looking over the last 6-8 months !!!!!!!!!!!!! look at the posts i hape put on this site i am still looking for cowl lamps as well as other bits.

greg

Guest imported_tonymaddux

Have you tried looking down at the corner gas station? I have found several gas caps at gas stations. Seems that some people leave without putting their caps back on. I can't say that I ever found one for a 1924 Dodge Brothers though. Just trying to help.

Guest imported_RAH

Greg,

I want to apologise for reacting so harshly to your negativeism the other day. I guess I have a problem with impatience and Class "A" people who think they can snap their fingers and the world should jump to their attention! Sorry, reality doesn't work that way.

Having said that, You have several questions unanswered. You say you have been 'searching' for the past several months for a gas cap for your '24 Dodge Brothers and even longer for cowl lights? Please define what efforts you have put forth that would constitute 'Searching'? You cannot simply place several want ads on internet web sites and set back and wait for someone to bring parts to you! Even the vendors of old parts have better things to do of an evening than searching the web for potential customers. Additionally many of the people who may have these parts are not computer literate. YOU have to put forth the effort to find and ask them. As 'JBEd' asked previously, have you joined a group of like minded individuals? Have you been to a meet where other Dodge Brothers cars and their owners congregate? Have you met and asked owners of similar vintage cars where they found parts? Have you been to swap meets looking? It takes work to ferret out these elusive parts. Some of us have spent years searching for that 'special' part. I have personally spent three years collecting enough parts to make up a set of 'teens period turn signals for my car. Some parts came from Calif., some from Ore., some from Pa., and even Canada! Has it occurred to you it might be easier to find another gas TANK than the easily removable, frequently misplaced, often missing cap therefor? I'm curious. How many '24 Studebaker or '27 Chevvy gas caps would have been forthcoming in a similar time period? I do not suppose these would be any more plentiful. The cap you are looking for was only used from '24 to '27 unlike the more common screw on cap which was used from '16 to '24.

You say you are also looking for cowl lights? I have seen same on Ebay!

Was your car equipped with same and are missing, or are you trying to make a 'Deluxe' out of a 'Standard' series? More to the point, do you have the even MORE elusive ignition/lighting switch with the 'Park' position on it?

In order for us to better help, you must be willing to help yourself. Remember,you will get MORE help if you are not yelling and badmouthing someone for not responding fast enough to your personal needs, whether that is Studebaker Owners, Vintage Chevrolet, OR Dodge Brothers Club members!

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

hi Rodger, thanks for your reply to responde to your questions first of all i am in the United Kingdom so finding dodge bits here is like finding a pot of gold. second of all i go to auto jumbles /parts fairs every 2 / 3 weeks and still have had no luck so the only way i can find parts for my American cars is from the internet !!!!!!!!!!1

as to the question of the cowl lights yes it did have cowl lights and they are missing and Yes it has the park position on the ignition switch.

hope you now understand why i keep BEGGING for bits on the internet the only other way i can try find them is to fly over from the UK and that will cost me

$$$$$$$$$$$

i try to help people in America who want British car parts (so far this year i have helped 6 people find bits) and i thought you lot would do the same (well the studebaker and Chevrolet boys do ) so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respect me and dont slag me off a little HELP would be nice

Thanks Greg

Guest imported_RAH

Greg,

Leave me a personal note with your email address and I'll see what I can come up with. I believe I can come up with the cap, and may have a lead on the lights. More later!

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley