Is there a club that includes mid-60s Dodge cars?

I am looking at a 1966 Dodge Monaco, a car I know absolutely nothing about.  Is there a club specializing in mid-60s Chrysler vehicles.  Also, Chrysler offered accessory factory rear fender skirts for a Monaco that year.  Does anybody in the world have a pair for sale?  I am well-known in Buick circles, many books, belong to all the clubs, but I like this Dodge with a 383 V8, but I always get lost with a non-Buick car.  However, I did once own a wonderful 1966 Chrysler Newport, so i know they did make good cars.

The Mopar world tends to be fairly small but very knowledgeable and extremely friendly.  Connect with most any Mopar guy in your community and they will help you.   There is a lot of cross over between A B and C bodies of that era but forcbodiesonly.com is a good forum starting point.   

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

I am looking at a 1966 Dodge Monaco, a car I know absolutely nothing about.  Is there a club specializing in mid-60s Chrysler vehicles.  Also, Chrysler offered accessory factory rear fender skirts for a Monaco that year.  Does anybody in the world have a pair for sale?  I am well-known in Buick circles, many books, belong to all the clubs, but I like this Dodge with a 383 V8, but I always get lost with a non-Buick car.  However, I did once own a wonderful 1966 Chrysler Newport, so i know they did make good cars.

WPC Club.

https://www.chryslerclub.org/

• Like 2

There are a few clubs. The oldest and largest Mopar club is the WPC or Chrysler Club with regions all over the US, Europe and OZ.  www.chryslerclub.org is the website. Or feel free to reach out and I'll provide as much info as possible. I recently sold a 66 Chrysler and still have a few extra skirts that should also work on the Monaco but I would need to check the parts book to make sure. There is also a facebook group for mid 60's Chrysler products.   Reach out either in a message on here or email to chryslerclubwest@gmail.com or call me 209-402-6167

I have a 66 Monaco wagon and would be glad to answer any questions. I have found the best source for all kinds of info is the "For C Bodies Only" online forum at  Welcome to For C Bodies Only Mopar Forum | For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum.

It is a typical forum in regard to accuracy of information but it is quite busy and great for researching, looking at photos, etc. The full size Mopars are great overbuilt cars that are still a bit of a secret in the car hobby, the 66 Monaco is a fine choice but of course I am prejudiced!

DSCF3276.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

I have a 66 Monaco wagon and would be glad to answer any questions. I have found the best source for all kinds of info is the "For C Bodies Only" online forum at  Welcome to For C Bodies Only Mopar Forum | For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum.

It is a typical forum in regard to accuracy of information but it is quite busy and great for researching, looking at photos, etc. The full size Mopars are great overbuilt cars that are still a bit of a secret in the car hobby, the 66 Monaco is a fine choice but of course I am prejudiced!

DSCF3276.JPG

Absolutely stunning wagon Don.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, xdmn said:

There are a few clubs. The oldest and largest Mopar club is the WPC or Chrysler Club with regions all over the US, Europe and OZ.  www.chryslerclub.org is the website. Or feel free to reach out and I'll provide as much info as possible. I recently sold a 66 Chrysler and still have a few extra skirts that should also work on the Monaco but I would need to check the parts book to make sure. There is also a facebook group for mid 60's Chrysler products.   Reach out either in a message on here or email to chryslerclubwest@gmail.com or call me 209-402-6167

I sold a 1965 Chrysler Corp Parts Book to the man with the 66 Dodge, while at Hershey.  I saw skirts listed in it with pictures.  I rather doubt that Chrysler and Dodge skirts are interchangeable, but what do I know.  I was rather unsure I wanted to pay what the asking price was, facing a $1950 cost to ship it to Florida.  I threw a number out, but perhaps I angered him.  He has not answered my emails since leaving Hershey.  Since, I've found a very nice 1971 Dodge Dart 2dr hardtop here in Florida.  It is a slant 6.  I bought a Plymouth Scamp like it new in 1973 and found that to be a good car.  However, that may be $2500 or so more dollars than I had hoped to spend.  I'm a Buick guy, but all of those in the 60s are to costly to run, as, in fact, are those in the 70s.  After 1975 I don't even like the Buicks, except for the 76-77 Century 2dr

I bought a new 1973 Plymouth Scamp with a Slant 6.  Around 75,000 I had a terrible time with a sludged up engine.  I had religiously used Quaker State Motor Oil.  Once I got that problem straightened out, I never again in my life used Quaker State Motor Oil.

• Thanks 1

In the end I bought a restored, one-family owned 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger.  It is very much like the 1973 Plymouth Scamp I purchased brand new.  With gas going up, here, to $3.269 yesterday, I think an economical antique car is what we need to add to our 1991 Buick Park Avenue (6,000 original miles).  The engine was fully rebuilt at 97,000 miles and now it has 123,000 miles on it.  We sold the 1941 Buick Roadmaster that I restored between  2017 and 2019.  It was too hot to ride in here in Florida, and handled heavy now that I've turned 83.  Still have my high school 1939 Buick Special.  It doesn't steer as hard as the Roadmaster, and seems to be cooler to ride in during the summer months.  At our age my days of owning my first love (pre-war American regular cars) are, I am afraid, over.

• Like 1